RSS Feeder

Tigers hitters struggle in late innings

Posted by Jason Beck on Sun, 19 Aug 2007 16:28:00 EDT.

Brandon Inge's fifth-inning error set up a game-tying sacrifice fly from Hideki Matsui before Johnny Damon's sixth-inning solo homer put the Yankees up for good, sending the Tigers to their third straight loss in the Bronx with a 9-3 defeat on Sunday afternoon.

More...

I am so sick of this team striking out with runners in scoring position and less than 2 out especially Inge and Granderson. we should have won 3 out of 4 Thanks Tampa

Everyon'e's trying to be the hero and hit home runs, especially in the late innings(Brandon Inge, you're the chief culprit of this).

Ha, I just noticed ironside also mentioned Inge. No one's trying to start a rally. Everyone's trying to do it themselves. That's not a good sign.

Or, RSS could say "Tigers pitchers struggle in late innings"

They didn't play very well this series. Tuesday is another day.

We're a mess offensively right now. Sheff, Guillen and Thames are banged up.

Polanco is sick and Inge and Pudge are swinging the bat like they are too.

Ship Maybin back to Erie and bring Infante back up. Maybin isn't ready to play up here. You can plug Raburn into LF and Infante at 2B until Polanco is back.

I could tolerate Inge's lack of discipline at the plate last year when his power numbers were better. ...if his offense continues to decline at this rate, we'll have the equivalent of Chris Truby playing 3B in 2008...