Buddahfan

Who Would Give Up To Get Troy Tulowitzki?

He is young

He is a definite potential gold glove shortstop. I am watching the Dodger Rockie game and this guy is making plays that make Furcal look like Guillen. LOL

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/fielding?groupId=8&season=2007&seasonType=2&split=82&sortOrder=true&sortColumn=fieldingPct

and he looks like he could become a decent hitting shortstop.

you are not going to get him from colorado

why would Colorado trade him? that would be like us trading Granderson

I wouldn't give up, I'd keep trying...

That's all I can ask. Just give it your best shot.

Isn't he a third baseman by trade? At least that is what he played in the minors. And from his stats a not very good one.

http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/S/Ian-Stewart.shtml

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/external/brandedstats/t998.html?cid=551&lid=112&t=t_ibp&sid=milb

I'll bite...Why isn't he a very good third baseman based on those stats? He's 22 and has a career minor league OPS just shy of .900.

-Tony

He's a true ss. He'll be a major leaguer for at least 15 years and will hit!

Detroit would have to trade some major young talent................JJ/Grandy type trade to get HIM. That might work if they package Troy and Stewart, but, as DD hesitates to move star players, he'll not get star players either.

Thus, this thread is effectively dead.

Non-issue. Who is going to trade a 21 year old shortstop that is mashing at the major league level?

"Mashing" is a relative term. Are people forgetting that Colorado is a hitting incubator? Tulowitzki's .286/.358/.444 with 15 home runs looks great in the paper, but it adjusts to an OPS+ of 103. That three percent better than the average major league player.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that sucks. A 22-year-old shortstop that exceeds the production of the average major league player by 3% is pretty darned good. But please, let's not consider him the second coming of Derek Jeter or Alex Rodriguez just yet. How about we let him prove himself for a few more years before we coronate him as such? Keep in mind Angel Berroa, who had basically the same numbers in KC a few years ago.

Cameron Maybin, Craig Monroe, and maybe Dallas Trahern. Maybin has yet to show us anything on a major league level -- that single was a total fluke, and if it hadn't been for the sun or wind, Cabrera would've surely snagged that glorified pop-up that just barely went over the wall yesterday. Tulowitzki is a proven hitter, and even though he is on the wrong side of 20, DD should make this deal.

Cameron Maybin, Craig Monroe, and maybe Dallas Trahern. Maybin has yet to show us anything on a major league level -- that single was a total fluke, and if it hadn't been for the sun or wind, Cabrera would've surely snagged that glorified pop-up that just barely went over the wall yesterday. Tulowitzki is a proven hitter, and even though he is on the wrong side of 20, DD should make this deal.

Let me demonstrate how utterly foolish this thread is..Why trade for Tulowitzki when we could trade for Reyes or Ramirez instead..get it..Baseball daydreaming is nice..personally if I am gonna daydream I would rather dream about being Bill Gates..

Foolish trade threads are usually reserved for this boards evil, inferior stepchild..MLive.

I'll bite...Why isn't he a very good third baseman based on those stats? He's 22 and has a career minor league OPS just shy of .900.

-Tony

I didn't he wasn't a good hitter?

I said he wasn't a very good third baseman.....(as in fielder)

He's a true ss. He'll be a major leaguer for at least 15 years and will hit!

Detroit would have to trade some major young talent................JJ/Grandy type trade to get HIM. That might work if they package Troy and Stewart, but, as DD hesitates to move star players, he'll not get star players either.

Thus, this thread is effectively dead.

I was responding to the post about Stewart? Is that who you are referring to in your comment?

Let me demonstrate how utterly foolish this thread is..Why trade for Tulowitzki when we could trade for Reyes or Ramirez instead..get it..Baseball daydreaming is nice..personally if I am gonna daydream I would rather dream about being Bill Gates..

Foolish trade threads are usually reserved for this boards evil, inferior stepchild..MLive.

Ramirez is another Guillen without bad knees.

We don't need more hitting and less fielding, so throw him out.

Reyes would be great He is better than Tulowitzki and therefore would cost us a lot more. We don't need to be excessively extravagant.

Tulowitzki is a better option than those two.

carlos is down to making three plays a game at ss over the past week (I know that statistics lie, but here they illuminate whay you've been seeing).

Can't see DD trading some top prospects to get a young-ish SS after just signing Iorg to a nice deal. My guess is that they are looking for an answer for the rest of 07, 08 and maybe 09.

carlos is down to making three plays a game at ss over the past week (I know that statistics lie, but here they illuminate whay you've been seeing).

Can't see DD trading some top prospects to get a young-ish SS after just signing Iorg to a nice deal. My guess is that they are looking for an answer for the rest of 07, 08 and maybe 09.

I think that they finish out 07 with Guillen and Santiago. Guillen plays short for the remainder of this year unless he is physically hurting then Santiago comes in for a few games until Carlo can go again.

Not a great solution, but probably the most realistic for the remainder of the year.

For 08 and 09 they move Inge to SS, Maybin to 3rd and put Gorky's in left.

(Just Kidding)