Why?

OPS:

2002-.417

2003-.712

2004-.769

2005-.749

2006-.712

2007-.835

Awful, especially when used as a 3B or corner outfielder. This year is by far a career year, and I wouldnt expect him to repeat it next year. Also his defense doesnt make up for a lack of power. His redeeming qualities are speed and being annoying. He has a career .353 OBP, which isnt that good when you're a career .293 hitter and your asset is speed. He should get on base more than that.

See ya Cmo, last year was fun but its Maybin time in Detroit.

For 2008 Guillen plays short, with Wilson backing him up. Guillen moves to first against lefties and Casey sits. In 2009 Casey is gone, Guillen is full time at first, with Iorg at ss and Wilson as a veteran backup.

Just speculating.

Last November I proposed this:

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=931909&highlight=Figgins+monroe#post931909

Was told it was a bad idea by Edman85:

and this:

and by jadefalcon:

Basically, all who responded (there were others - these are just representative responses) thought this was a very poor idea.

Figgins this year:

SB 33 CS 9 AVE .341 OBP .394 SLG .439 OPS.833

Wouldn't have been a bad idea after all I guess, even if we had thrown in Wil. As Emilio Castillo wrote: "Hindsight is foresight that happens too late."

So what do you want from us? To tell you your a genius or something?

For 2008 Guillen plays short, with Wilson backing him up. Guillen moves to first against lefties and Casey sits. In 2009 Casey is gone, Guillen is full time at first, with Iorg at ss and Wilson as a veteran backup.

You are assuming that they will bring Casey back, but he signed a one year deal for 2007. I don't think they will bring him back again base don this year's production, especially to be a backup.

So what do you want from us? To tell you your a genius or something?

Yes, that's what he wants.

Last November I proposed this:

http://www.motownsports.com/forums/showthread.php?p=931909&highlight=Figgins+monroe#post931909

Was told it was a bad idea by Edman85:

and this:

and by jadefalcon:

Basically, all who responded (there were others - these are just representative responses) thought this was a very poor idea.

Figgins this year:

SB 33 CS 9 AVE .341 OBP .394 SLG .439 OPS.833

Wouldn't have been a bad idea after all I guess, even if we had thrown in Wil. As Emilio Castillo wrote: "Hindsight is foresight that happens too late."

I think there's a difference between a good idea and a bad idea that works out well. Trading for Figgins last winter would've been an example of the latter, in my mind.

Figgins is having a career year but he's nothing special, and I'm not sure where he would've played for Detroit.

Is Pittsburgh picking up Wilson's entire contract? Certainly they can, as they just took on Matt Morris' entire deal when no one else would. Under this circumstance, fine, deal them Monroe and let them eat that contract too.

Then yeah, I'll take on Wilson.

In a word, NO. Pittsburgh not only wanted us to take on the whole enchilada, they wanted 2 prospects from us in return.

So, you are a fan of Monroe but think Inge sucks?

Interesting...

I've been a fan of Monroe for a long time and i've hated Inge for a long time. Not just last year, not just this year. Sorry for the loyalty.

Don't have to be sorry. Just found it interesting. They are essentially the same batter at the plate with Monroe having a bit more power but Inge having a bit better eye. They both strike out a ton. But Inge's defense, IMO, is more valuable than Craig's. Therefore, I found it interesting.

Yes, that's what he wants.

Not at all, my point was that its too bad we didn't sell Monroe when his value was high.

That was the mistake that was made.

Not at all, my point was that its too bad we didn't sell Monroe when his value was high.

That was the mistake that was made.

Because Monroe was arb eligible and was making over $4 million a year, his value became nill when the regular season began.

Because Monroe was arb eligible and was making over $4 million a year, his value became nill when the regular season began.

Again, that was my point. last November was the time to trade him.

By Andrew Baggarly

Mercury News

Article Launched: 08/19/2007 01:52:43 AM PDT

The Detroit Tigers are looking for a shortstop and have less than 10 days to trade outfielder Craig Monroe, who was designated for assignment. While the Giants could move Omar Vizquel, a club source said they aren't interested in Monroe.

http://www.mercurynews.com/giantsheadlines/ci_6663198