holygoat

Craig Monroe DFA'd

Rod Allen is gonna cry, He now has no one to talk to at the batting cages....

....I was just about to post "Rod Allen is crying next to an empty batting cage." I hate you. :wink:

why Infante to Toledo? makes no sense their must be another move coming. I think Jack wilson will be a tiger in the next 10 days

He had a 3-hit game two nights ago in a pretty big game in Cleveland..

Chris Shelton had a few good games also.

Infante/Santiago really makes sense. Raburn makes Infante's ability to play second and center redundant, and it's not like Infante's hitting. Having a capable defensive shortstop enables us to rest Guillen at short a bit more often and maybe wake his bat up, boosting the offense. The best part is that we didn't have to trade Jurrjens and Trahern to get him.

I agree with Edman, I was just about to post that sending Infante down probably means that Raburn has stuck for awhile.

Wow. I feel like I just had sex or something. Monroe gone, Maybin up, Infante down.

And I have a lunch date with my new girlfriend in 10 minutes. This is certainly a good day. Let's just hope it continues and the Tigers spank the Yankees tonight.

I've been wanting this to happen for so long and now that it has happened, I just feel bad for Craig. He's such a good guy and I know it kills him to be struggling so bad. This was the correct move, but it hurts to see him go.

Best of luck, Craig.

Monroe has sucked this year, but he wore the Olde English D well. I have no bad feelings about him, and while I'm happy his departure will make room for hopefully a better player, I'm a bit sad he couldn't have turned it around.

Good luck, CMo. Thanks for the great playoff run last season!

Infante/Santiago really makes sense. Raburn makes Infante's ability to play second and center redundant, and it's not like Infante's hitting. Having a capable defensive shortstop enables us to rest Guillen at short a bit more often and maybe wake his bat up, boosting the offense. The best part is that we didn't have to trade Jurrjens and Trahern to get him.

Exactly.

Question: How can the Tigers send Infante to Toledo? Does he have options remaining after these several years in the big leagues?

Infante/Santiago really makes sense. Raburn makes Infante's ability to play second and center redundant, and it's not like Infante's hitting. Having a capable defensive shortstop enables us to rest Guillen at short a bit more often and maybe wake his bat up, boosting the offense.

Very good points. Raburn's versatility does make Infante expendable and they definitely do need help defensively at shortstop. Maybin will certainly help defensively in the outfield as well. I'm not sure if Maybin will be ready to hit initially but these moves strengthen their fielding quite a bit.

Question: How can the Tigers send Infante to Toledo? Does he have options remaining after these several years in the big leagues?

Yes, he does.

Bringing Santiago up for a week and a half leaves the door open for adding him to the playoff roster.

Question: Does Monroes DFA mean that Thames isn't going on the DL?

GREAT moves all around. I'm in agreement, when DD & Co. makes the Grilli adjustment, all will be fine until the next round.

Aren't the Cubs looking for OF help. I bet Monroe lands there.

I am hoping for Milwaukee, they need to do something.

I hope they can work out a deal to get Monroe traded somewhere, for his sake.

Any chance they could get anything for a Monroe/Infante package?

I am hoping for Milwaukee, they need to do something.

I wouldn't mind seeing him go to the Brewers. I have a soft spot for the Brew Crew dating back to Harvey's Wallbangers.