TomBrookens

Pistons sign Jarvis Hayes.

From the Freep...through Rotoworld.

Fairly good numbers and size for a swingman off the bench. Comments from some of those more in the know then I ??

The Pistons signed free agent swingman and former Wizard Jarvis Hayes.

"We are pleased to add Jarvis Hayes to our roster," Joe Dumars, Pistons president of basketball operations, said. "Jarvis has proven himself as a solid NBA player over the last four seasons and we like the flexibility and depth he will bring to our team at the small forward position." He'll also probably play some shooting guard, but should have a spot as Tayshaun Prince's primary backup. Aug. 16 - 5:32 pm et

Awesome news, I had mentioned his name a couple of times as the backup small forward after Washington let him go. He is a decent player, who could help.

So who is more likely to make the roster, Mejia or Murray?

Both, Dupree would be the one gone, if they can't dump Murray/Mohammed, Hunter could retire as well. This brings the roster to 15, they haven't officially signed Amir Johnson yet.

Seconded

I've found that if I stop thinking in terms of contending for a title this doesn't hurt so bad.

OK, I'm lying...Thirded.

hunter is not retiring, he said we will play 1 more season....and everyone knows amir has been signed..r u sure ur in the right forum dr?

Amir Johnson isn't on the books yet, it was reported he signed sure, and he probably did sign, but it hasn't been run through the league office yet, for whatever reason. I'm not saying Amir Johnson isn't locked up, or there is a snag, I'm saying his current status is as a free agent "officially".

I really don't expect much from the Pistons this season. They've been in a slow, steady decline since their championship and I doubt they'll be a serious contender this season either.

I really don't expect much from the Pistons this season. They've been in a slow, steady decline since their championship and I doubt they'll be a serious contender this season either.

I doubt you're really a Pistons fan.

The East is still weak. I believe that the Pistons will at least be a 3 seed and still have a team capable of making the Finals.

The regular season has been the same for years now. Its when the playoffs start. Its no cowincidence that our playoff struggles started after Flip was hired. Just look at his history. He couldnt beat a laker team in 04 that we wasted in the finals. He had a great team that year and couldnt get them to the finals. He's a bad coach.

I doubt you're really a Pistons fan.

So, being a fan requires wearing blinders to the fact that our team cannot contend on a championship level in its current state? Maybe he actually is a fan that watches every game and therefore has the insight to understand the harsh reality of it.

yeah...we clearly haven't contended for a title during this steady decline that has seen us reach the ECF's for 5 straight years. Only the team that wins the championship contends for a title apparently.

Without at least some semblance of a center, we will not go far in the playoffs. Jump shooting teams always grow cold. I do like the Hayes pickup though, takes a bit of the sting of our earlier moves away.

Without at least some semblance of a center, we will not go far in the playoffs. Jump shooting teams always grow cold. I do like the Hayes pickup though, takes a bit of the sting of our earlier moves away.

Yea, the Spurs center was a world beater, insert random center name. In fact take out the 4 Shaq champions, and you have to go back to Laimbeer as the last decent center to win a title.

Amir Johnson isn't on the books yet, it was reported he signed sure, and he probably did sign, but it hasn't been run through the league office yet, for whatever reason. I'm not saying Amir Johnson isn't locked up, or there is a snag, I'm saying his current status is as a free agent "officially".

lol - okay, thanks for the knowledge .. we'll see what happens, but I'd bend towards the assumption of him being signed are about as good a bet as any.

Yea, the Spurs center was a world beater, insert random center name. In fact take out the 4 Shaq champions, and you have to go back to Laimbeer as the last decent center to win a title.

Yeah, because David Robbinson and Hakeem Olajuwon sucked.

When Robinson finally won a title, he kinda did yeah.

Olajuwon could still play today and be dominant. He is the only guy who was worth taking over Jordan.

True, 2 championships each, sorry. Though Robinson wasn't a great center when the Spurs won, and Olajuwon played a lot of power forward (Otis Thorpe/Ralph Sampson centered), but he did play center also.

When Robinson finally won a title, he kinda did yeah.

Olajuwon could still play today and be dominant. He is the only guy who was worth taking over Jordan.

Olajuwon hung on too long, he really sucked at the end.

yeah...we clearly haven't contended for a title during this steady decline that has seen us reach the ECF's for 5 straight years. Only the team that wins the championship contends for a title apparently.

No, only the teams that have a chance to win it. Getting beat 4 games in a row by a team that gets swept and absolutely dominated in the Finals does not make you a contender.