Yoda

Maybin to Erie

Between Maybin and Gorkys, it looks like DD is putting together a speedy team to take advantage of Comerica's huge dimensions.

You put three good, speedy outfielders (Maybin, Hernandez, Grandy) in that vast acreage and you've got yourself a major home-field advantage.

Between Maybin and Gorkys, it looks like DD is putting together a speedy team to take advantage of Comerica's huge dimensions.

You put three good, speedy outfielders (Maybin, Hernandez, Grandy) in that vast acreage and you've got yourself a major home-field advantage.

I would think it would be an avantage on the road as well. Triples wouldn't occur, doubles would become singles and some singles may not occur.

He would have to be put on the 40 man roster, so his service time starts ticking...and I believe it would take an option away. He will not be up this year.

Presence on the 40-man roster does not count as MLB service time unless the player is also on the 25-man roster.

I have to wonder if they find a way to squeeze him onto the roster August 31 so that he is playoff eligible.

I have to wonder if they find a way to squeeze him onto the roster August 31 so that he is playoff eligible.

...and take away ABs from Craig Monroe, are you crazy?

If he doesn't embarrass himself the next couple weeks I bet they will.

He already proved he could handle himself in the MLB back in spring training. (at least on a short term level). I am tickled pink that he is doing so well.

edit: He doesn't technically have to be on the 40 man roster to be playoff eligible. He can just get the call in September, and with all of the players on the DL, he could get the call in October.

This obviously opens the door to the AFL this offseason. But what else? A September call-up? He'd be a nice pair of legs to have on the bench.

just what I was thinking. I can't wait till rosters are released for the AFL have to catch some games on the weekends.