Big Toe

Hayden Parrott

Anyone know anything about this kid? Is his bat as good as the stats seem to indicate?

And is there any chance at all he stays at third? I know he's young but the error totals are pretty alarming.

His bat is legit....he's got a Jeff Kent type of ceiling at the plate. Devensively, he's just been moved off of second and is still trying to work out the footwork at third.

Thanks. Good news about the bat. I hadn't thought of the recent position switch as part of the problem. Hopefully he can iron some of it out over there.

He looks very impressive with the bat and in time his defensive skills will improve, hope everything works out for him at 3B.

Micro?? What about the lack of extra base power, plus he doesn't seem to walk much..great contact..but the other issues concern me...

Be careful scoring GCL guys on their extra base abilities....those are tough environments to hit for power in. Carlson was the exception last year, not the rule.

As for his walk rate, remember how young he is....he's demonstrating a discerning eye in the past, and I expect that to continue to develop as he matures.

The kids got a great stick, there is absolutely no doubt about that.

Parrott joined us for a while at last night's game. Still single and happy in the brokerage business for as major player locally. Sounds like he spent his early money well and it is now giving him a comfortable life.