While he is not my AAT I have taken a vested interest in Mr.Joyce this season mainly because he was making the jump from Low-A ball to AA. He started off slowly getting used to the more advanced pitching was hard but starting off in June he has really turned it on. Joyce had hit .275 in June with 5 HR and 8 doubles. July is where he truly turned it on hitting .338 with another 5 HR, 2 triples and 5 doubles with a .419 OBP and a 1.057 OPS! I hope to see Joyce continue his success in August. He is hitting .250 with 14 HR and 48 RBI's for the season. I am pretty sure he will repeat AA maybe make a mid season callup to AAA but if he keeps hitting like this is AA he will greatly improve his prospect status. He is only 22 going to be 23 soon and in AA so he still has plenty of time to improve his game and make it up to the bigs.

I'll bet he doesn't repeat. Even if the final numbers don't look great, if it looks like he's mastered AA he'll move up next year. Plus there are other guys who need to move up too.

Ramirez, Maybin, and Justice will likely be in Erie's OF next year. Hernandez at DH. I don't see room for Joyce. He's a good bet to be in Toledo.

Looks like I wasn't the only one to notice him.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/prospects/hotsheet/264578.html

19. Matt Joyce, of, Double-A Erie (Tigers)

Joyce started the year in a major funk, hitting .186 in April and .198 in May. But he's turned it up four notches since then, and batted .362/.430/.681 with six homers in 94 at-bats this month

I've been thinking of making this very post but I'll take it a step further. Is Joyce a top 5 prospect in the system at this current date (i.e. no Porcello, Crosby)? I would place Maybin, Jurrjens, Trahern, and Hernandez ahead of him, but he's in the running for the #5 position. He's really turned it on and I'm very impressed by his performance over the past two months.

I've been thinking of making this very post but I'll take it a step further. Is Joyce a top 5 prospect in the system at this current date (i.e. no Porcello, Crosby)? I would place Maybin, Jurrjens, Trahern, and Hernandez ahead of him, but he's in the running for the #5 position. He's really turned it on and I'm very impressed by his performance over the past two months.

I dunno he is for sure up there now i am thinking Hollimon maybe ahead of him but Joyce could very well be ahead of him now. I would give him a #6 or 7 because he is behind De La Cruz in my book.

Just for reference -- In the past two months Joyce has hit .319/.398/.530. He's doubled his IsoP in June and July when compared to April and May while maintaining similar BB and K rates. Another interesting fact is that Joyce is hitting for much higher power numbers on the road.

I tend to jump the gun a little, but I'm impressed for a guy that struggled mightily the first two months and jumped HiA completely. Joyce may not be #5 in the Tigers system as it stands today, but he deserves the discussion.

Joyce rose from #31 in my off-season rankings, to 15th in my mid-year rankings (despite his horrendous start)...and he's likely climbed past Alexis Espinoza and had Lucas French fall behind him....in addition to having Miller graduate ahead of him...that gets him up to #12 without any recalculating of the rankings. Guys like Hollimon, Clevlen, Larish, DLC, Vasquez, Sizemore, and Tata all have strong cases to remain ahead of him. For me, he's right in the 9-12 range right now.

Joyce rose from #31 in my off-season rankings, to 15th in my mid-year rankings (despite his horrendous start)...and he's likely climbed past Alexis Espinoza and had Lucas French fall behind him....in addition to having Miller graduate ahead of him...that gets him up to #12 without any recalculating of the rankings. Guys like Hollimon, Clevlen, Larish, DLC, Vasquez, Sizemore, and Tata all have strong cases to remain ahead of him. For me, he's right in the 9-12 range right now.

Micro what does your top 20 look like now? Who has made some of the best gains so far?