Biff Mayhem

Jason Grilli vent thread

Here is me during his second to last batter (bases loaded).

First pitch (low and away): GRILLI!

Second pitch (same spot): Don't be an a-hole.

Third pitch (same spot): You a-hole!

Fourth pitch (hit batter): #@&%$!

He makes Tood look good!

I rarely get mad at Jones anymore. He at least is adequate more often than not. Grilli is rarely adequate.

I turned the channel, I knew it would end up bad. While Durbin/Miner rot in the pen, and Grilli gets their innings.

I turned the channel, I knew it would end up bad. While Durbin/Miner rot in the pen, and Grilli gets their innings.

It has to be because they're showcasing him. That's working out well.

The "Grilli is just fine as a 12th arm" story has always been a farce. Leyland has rarely employed him as such. He's been consistently used in high-leverage situations for two straight seasons.

My theory: Grilli's gone to make room for Vasquez, then Vasquez is replaced by Byrdak after the doubleheader.

Grilli has just got to go.

He makes Tood look good!

Finally, a legit reason to keep him around. :)

Tood. I like that. He should henceforth be known as Tood Jones. Or maybe Tood Joons.

Here is me during his second to last batter (bases loaded).

First pitch (low and away): GRILLI!

Second pitch (same spot): Don't be an a-hole.

Third pitch (same spot): You a-hole!

Fourth pitch (hit batter): #@&%$!

Those were honestly very close to the same words I was yelling in the car while driving home with the game on the radio.

I would keep Grilli on this team over Todd Jones.

And so my streak of never agreeing with your opinion continues.

Grilli is very close to overtaking Fernando "Mr Personality" Rodney as my least favorite player on the team.

And so my streak of never agreeing with your opinion continues.

Grilli is very close to overtaking Fernando "Mr Personality" Rodney as my least favorite player on the team.

Don't expect you to agree with me, but Grill has a lot more upside that Todd Jones does.

That article on Hessman has a quote from Leyland about Hessman playing at first, third and in left. Doesn't sound like he's up for only one game.

Grilli goes for Vasquez, then Vasquez for Byrdak. I like it. I hope it happens because I don't want to watch Grilli anymore.

Don't expect you to agree with me, but Grill has a lot more upside that Todd Jones does.

Not asking in a jerky way, but what do you see as his upside? Todd Jones is at least saving games at a fairly consistent basis. To me it seems that Grilli is getting torched way more often than Jones.

Not asking in a jerky way, but what do you see as his upside? Todd Jones is at least saving games at a fairly consistent basis. To me it seems that Grilli is getting torched way more often than Jones.

Younger, faster, power arm mid 90s fastball, last year was the leader in leaving runners stranded, flashes of excellence when he's throwing strikes. That's what I see (no beer tonight either).

Compared to Todd who serves up cheeze balls every night and is getting older and hardly even hitting 90 anymore.