DetroitCoastie

Does Detroit want Fedorov back?

Im sure you heard the rumors about the Wings possibly trying to pick up Sergei at or before the trade deadline. Would you want him back wearing the winged wheel? I think I would. Strong skater, good defensively, a top 2 line center! Why not?

I would love if they brought Fedorov back. That way you can keep the euro twins on the same line and let Sergei center the second line. I really wanted Shanahan back too but its too late for all that. I am still not sure why we didn't re sign him. I am still holding out hope we get Markov back.

Isn't the trade deadline around 6 months away?

I believe the rumor was trading for him months ago before the deadline?

I can see it now Filpula Fedorov Franzen....the 3 F line

That wouldn't be so bad! Sergei has been my favorite player since he came into the league in 91. Back when the Wings used to have their training camp in Flint, I was 14 and met him and he signed a bunch of stuff of which I still have. Real nice guy back then and just one of those things that sticks with you.

I really wanted Shanahan back too but its too late for all that. I am still not sure why we didn't re sign him.

Because he wanted to leave and anything short of the Wings paying him 3 times what he got in NY, he was leaving.

I told you he wanted to come back two years ago. I think Columbus is trying to get rid of him for almost nothing.....I think he will be back at about 2.5-3.5 million a year - and I think he'll have a great season....

define almost nothing...

if the price is right, why wouldn't you do it?...

but what are the numbers?...

Because he wanted to leave and anything short of the Wings paying him 3 times what he got in NY, he was leaving.

Plus the fact that he and Babcock didn't get along very well either.

As for the question, I would like to see Sergei back myself. Maybe he has a couple of good years back and can find some of that magic he used to have offensively and he's still good at defence.

I'd love to see him back in the Winged Wheel. He's still probably one of the best skaters in the game and he plays great "D".

He deserves to end his career here.It would be a fitting ending.I believe he still has some gas in the tank......plus it would be an interesting drawing card to get the fans back to the Joe.

I also think it would help get fans back to the rink again! I dont know why the Joe isnt selling out! But I am a die hard Wings fan and made it to a few games but there just seems like the excitement is missing. Is it cause the Tiggers are doing so well? Is HockeyTown now TigerTown? I guess either way Mr. Illitch wins, eh?

If this thing with fedorov doesn't go down I wouldn't mind offering Allison a one year deal for less than 2 mill. The guy is a big center who shoots right and can rack up points. He is a bit slow but atleast he isn't lazy like Lang. If we bring in a guy like him we wouldn't have to breakup zetty and datty line. I love Filpulla but I rather see him play left wing until he gets more comfortable in the league than move back to center.

I hope Federov has enough self-respect not to come back to Detroit after so many fans dumped on him for years after he left. He was a key cog in 3 Stanley Cup winning teams. Yet that wasn't enough for the boobirds - and it wasn't scattered booing, at some games it was very loud by a sizeable contingent - who crapped on him as soon as he changed uniforms. Made me sick.

Didn't he take a contract for the same amount of money as offered here to play somewhere else? That's a lot like crapping on an entire organization and it's fans. He was a legend here before and he would be again.

If this thing with fedorov doesn't go down I wouldn't mind offering Allison a one year deal for less than 2 mill. The guy is a big center who shoots right and can rack up points. He is a bit slow but atleast he isn't lazy like Lang. If we bring in a guy like him we wouldn't have to breakup zetty and datty line. I love Filpulla but I rather see him play left wing until he gets more comfortable in the league than move back to center.

I'm going to have to go with a resounding no to Allison. He's terrible. Being a Wings fan living north of the border, I've seen plenty of Leafs games over the years. He's big, but doesn't use his body. He may not be lazy, but he's slower than a lazy Lang. He also lacks the skill that Lang had. Allison is far past his prime.

No, I wouldn't want Allison. He is just way too injury prone. He's only played in 92 games in the last 5 years.