Mike

Lions One of Most Improved Teams for 2007

There are some visible improvements "on paper" that suggest they will be better than last season, however we've "been there, done that" in recent history. I still see the secondary as being a huge weakness - the Lions will have to win most games via a shootout IMO.
Personally, I never use the past to judge the future if you know what i mean. And IMO Travis Fisher is an upgrade over Bly in the Tampa2.

I just logged on to the NFL Shop and purchased both a Stanley Wilson and Keith Smith jersey. I also saw a deal on NFL Shop buy 6 WR jerseys get 6 free!

Personally I think the Lions will suck just like they always do! A plaque hangs to my right and reads 1957 Detroit Lions NFL Champions! I have also assumed that the Lions are like a certin popular comet that appears every 76 years.

Go GVSU Lakers!

It was nearly impossible for the Lions to go anywhere but up after last season, the season before, the season before that, etc. There are some visible improvements "on paper" that suggest they will be better than last season, however we've "been there, done that" in recent history. I still see the secondary as being a huge weakness - the Lions will have to win most games via a shootout IMO.

Couldn't have said it better than that!

I just watched the Dallas game again, Bly kind of got toasted....Personally,I think the D Line will be a lot etter, and because of that, the rest of the D will improve, also, 2nd year in the scheme will help....thing that stood out in that game was all the no names who were flying to the ball and not giving up though the season was over....I've seen a lot of mention to Sims hitting Romo on the last play of the game, you would also notice there were 4 other guys who hit him right behind Sims....

who's to say that white, bell and foster weren't in the right system and not used correctly?

Well, White was playing the exact system he will be playing this year. So if that was the problem, might as well cut him now.

DeWayne White started 8 games last year and produced 2 sacks. The same total as Corey Smith (the retread from San Fran) did last year in less playing time. And less production than James Hall. Is that what you mean by "produce"?

When I see DeWayne White, I see the Lions taking a chance on a guy that might be about to mature. But he hasn't produced good defensive end numbers, he's produced average defensive end numbers. He's not a game changer, he's a decent player. Maybe he'll BECOME good, but up to now he's just average.

Foster is the same way. So is Bell.

And what did Stanley Wilson actually produce? I don't remember him producing much at all.

How are you measuring production? Sacks? Pressures? CB keeping a WR from making catches?

Well, White was playing the exact system he will be playing this year. So if that was the problem, might as well cut him now.
I think his problem was a lack of playing time. BTW did anyone see when John Clayton said Detroit was one of the top 5 improved teams?

lions won't have a decent record if they can't stop teams on 3rd down and the two minute drill. a decent secondary is crucial for both those situations. i see the lions losing at least four games in the final two minutes...

How are you measuring production? Sacks? Pressures? CB keeping a WR from making catches?

Yes. Yes. Yes.

How are YOU measuring production? You're the one who said he was productive, IIRC.

All I know is I will wait until the season starts and we get a chance to see this team play before I say they are improved. Year after year we read thae same crap and never see anything change when it comes to results.