MAROTH4MVP

Draft news

I've never seen him play aside from the highlights they just showed, but ESPN announcers seem to think he can fit the mold of a Detroit guard. They seem to think that Stuckey has a bit more athleticism, though.

I heard something today on 1270 about this situation occuring (the Pistons taking a couple of SGs) and I now I think they may be right...Rip is the guy that they're looking to move.

I know that Joe Dumars knows a heck of a lot more about basketball than I do, but I don't understand why he supposedly was adamant about not trading these 1st round picks when all that we got were a couple of backup guards when he may had been able to package those picks for a starting player of some kind.

Yes, it sure is a good thing Dumars has been good with free agents, his drafting sure sucks.

Nice, now the Spurs grabbed Tiago Splitter, exactly who the Pistons should have taken.

I heard something today on 1270 about this situation occuring (the Pistons taking a couple of SGs) and I now I think they may be right...Rip is the guy that they're looking to move.

I agree. They can't get by with two perimeter guys in the back-court with a SF that takes the entire shot clock to get his shot in the paint. Somebody has to go.

Affalo is an awful pick. Poor ball handler, mediocre shooter, not quick. Folds against pressure defense. Could be a decent defender.

Wow, I'm really depressed, two shooting guards is all they got out of this draft. Two reaches.

Stuckey is no reach. He should have gone higher but was overlooked because he played for a small school. He is a great value at #15. Much better than Nick Young wouldve been. In fact, I don't see how Young is any better than Afflalo. Afflalo is better than Pruitt too. If Young and Pruitt are so good why was USC not a championship contender?

Affalo is an awful pick. Poor ball handler, mediocre shooter, not quick. Folds against pressure defense. Could be a decent defender.

He folded against Brewer, no one else. But everyone folded against Brewer so that doesn't mean much.

USC gave North Carolina all it could handle, blowing a big lead. Ben Howland is an excellent coach and UCLA was tournament tested. That's why they advanced further than 'SC.

I agree that Stuckey was not a reach. Sure, it would have been nice to pick a couple of spots higher and get one of those other guys, but Stuckey was the best pick for the Pistons at that spot. Certainly a better pick than Nick Young.

Where did Prince go in the draft? Nobody knows how these guys are going to do at the next level...I'd rather see Dumars getting back to what he did when he built the Pistons. These same talking heads wouldn't pay any attention to them, they didn't have the athletes, they didn't have the big time scorer and all the rest...and suddenly they were champions.

Love the Stuckey pick. Hated the Afflalo pick. I've never seen him play well in a big game. I definitely would have gone with Byars there. He's more versitle and could back up Tay.

Check Affalo's stats. Generally speaking, he plays poorly against good competition, ie, Oregon and USC.

Where did Prince go in the draft? Nobody knows how these guys are going to do at the next level...I'd rather see Dumars getting back to what he did when he built the Pistons. These same talking heads wouldn't pay any attention to them, they didn't have the athletes, they didn't have the big time scorer and all the rest...and suddenly they were champions.

Prince had heigth, reach, and great ball-handling skills at the SF position going his way. Stuckey and Affalo especially don't really have anything going for them - they are backup SGs right now, and if Dumars is lucky then Stuckey will make enough of an impact to be a starter.

Stuckey is no reach. He should have gone higher but was overlooked because he played for a small school. He is a great value at #15. Much better than Nick Young wouldve been. In fact, I don't see how Young is any better than Afflalo. Afflalo is better than Pruitt too. If Young and Pruitt are so good why was USC not a championship contender?

Nick Young is taller/quicker and a better shooter then either Stuckey or Afflalo. In this draft, which has been sold as the deepest in years, why do the Pistons pick up two of the most common type of players their are, two 6'4" shooting guards (who can't shoot). The D-League is full of these type of players, in fact the Pistons just dumped Delfino, they have an allstar at the 2 already, and have Flip Murray under contract. I just don't get the logic of these picks at all, 5 two guards won't get it done.

I didn't say anything about Pruitt either, he would have been a reach as well, UCLA had more talent then USC is why they were a better team.

And at 15, Euphdude would have taken?

Betrayer, I couldn't tell you who I would've taken because I have not done any research on this draft. I guess my bewilderment stems from the fact that Dumars didn't want to deal these 1st round draft picks, yet "all we got" were two SGs - none of whom really stand out. I really hope that Dumars sees something that I don't and at least one of these guys pans out, because right now it looks like a disappointing draft on paper in my eyes.

And now JRich getting moved...

Why are the Pistons not in any of these talks? This team cannot expect to stand pat and think that's ok.