MAROTH4MVP

Draft news

Joe D has got to be salivating right now with the options he could have: Young, Thornton, Stuckey, Crittenton, etc

Damn Clippers.

Okay, who do the Pistons select? Place your wagers.

So, do we take Nick Young now? He's had questions of intensity and consistency which is exactly the opposite of what Joe D's has publicly said he wants.

Gotta go with Young. You can find a back-up point guard later on--the kid from Marist is intriguing. I saw a lot of him on my cable package last season.

I'm guessing Nick Young.

How many of you will freak if they select the dude from Brazil?

I think it will be Stuckey. Just saw his mug and he looks more Piston-like than Young. Show the love for Fazekas at #27.

Stuckey is good. Don't underestimate him based on competition. He played against WSU, UW, and GU each of the past two years so he has faced good players. He was a TON better than the other guys in his league. Can play decent D and should get better. This is based on seeing him play in person 5 or 6 times the past 2 years.

Stuckey is good. Don't underestimate him based on competition. He played against WSU, UW, and GU each of the past two years so he has faced good players. He was a TON better than the other guys in his league. Can play decent D and should get better. This is based on seeing him play in person 5 or 6 times the past 2 years.

ESPN just said that he needs to improve on his D. I'm not so sure if this was a good pick. Maybe somebody else can clarify, but didn't they say that he struggled a bit with his perimeter shots in the past year? :ermm:

I'm pretty happy with the pick instead of Nick Young. Young wasn't what they were looking for - jumpshooter, inconsistent, intensity issues. Joe has said they are looking for someone that can get his own shot and break you down off the dribble. If Stuckey can live up to the "poor man's dwayne wade" title they gave him, then he's just what they're looking for off the bench.

Sure, but I can't help but think of this guy as another Flip Murray. Read the scouting reports, poor outside shooter, athletic, defensively challenged, gets a lot of steals, played lesser competition because of academics, the similarities are scary.

I'm pretty happy with the pick instead of Nick Young. Young wasn't what they were looking for - jumpshooter, inconsistent, intensity issues. Joe has said they are looking for someone that can get his own shot and break you down off the dribble. If Stuckey can live up to the "poor man's dwayne wade" title they gave him, then he's just what they're looking for off the bench.

In a draft that's supposed really deep, don't you think the Pistons could've done better at #15 than to draft a backup shooting guard?

ESPN just said that he needs to improve on his D. I'm not so sure if this was a good pick. Maybe somebody else can clarify, but didn't they say that he struggled a bit with his perimeter shots in the past year? :ermm:

He needs to work on the outside shot but in his league he was slashing through all the time so it wasn't a factor. He plays D decently, being on a cruddy team he tended to have to wander around to help out other guys on his very poorly-coached team. Made him look weaker on D than he really is. Against the big teams he played as well or better than anyone on the court. He would have been a major D-1 player but he had a poor academic record and scores coming out of HS. He is a project in some ways, like the outside shooting, but he can create and make things happen and can play tough.

In a draft that's supposed really deep, don't you think the Pistons could've done better at #15 than to draft a backup shooting guard?

Such as?