pfife

per 1270: Rodney on DL - tendonitis in elbow

just announced it...

can't be good for someone who's already had TJ

that would explain why he's had his hair fro'd out the last couple games. he knew he wouldn't be pitching.

I hope Rodney stays on the DL as long as it takes to get healthy. I rather suspect he's been injured all year and has been trying to pitch through it.

I hope he comes back with a little more zip on that fastball. Hopefully sooner than later. Wish I could say this was a big loss, but the team will likely be better without him... for now. Come back healthy Fernando!

I know I shouldn't be excited about someone being injured, but seriously. He needs to be on the DL. I don't think he should have been taken off in the first place.

just announced it...

can't be good for someone who's already had TJ

Maybe this has been the problem all along. Perhaps the neck and biceps problems came from adjusting his delivery to compensate for the elbow.

Knobler has confirmed it on his blog.

That makes the roster move to bring Nate back fairly easy.

Knobler has confirmed it on his blog.

That makes the roster move to bring Nate back fairly easy.

And coincidental. Hmmmmmmmmmm. That's what I have to say.

Well, I'm off to Comerica Park!

I am betting he's not really hurt. It seems we are making a trend having these mysterious pitching issues.

I am betting he's not really hurt. It seems we are making a trend having these mysterious pitching issues.

i know what you mean, but in this case i can believe it since his velocity (not to mention effectiveness) has been down all year.

Maybe this has been the problem all along. Perhaps the neck and biceps problems came from adjusting his delivery to compensate for the elbow.

I think you are most likely correct

No, Rodney's been hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been hurt all year long. He needs to stay off the mound as long as he can get 100% healthy again.

He must have been hurt. This is a good move and I think, at this point, that Dela-C will be a better option in Fernando's role.

I think Rodney's been hurt too but rushed back because the bullpen was in shambles, maybe not they can give him some time

No, Rodney's been hurt. I wouldn't be surprised if he's been hurt all year long. He needs to stay off the mound as long as he can get 100% healthy again.

Wow, how long has he been hurt, FT? And, do you have any other scoops you could give us?

Agreed.

Driving home from work I heard them say on 1270 it is tendonitis in his shoulder. That is the same thing that put him on the DL before. However, the timing does seem a little suspicious. I was starting to believe his problems were all in his head. If he really is injured I guess you could look at that as a good thing. That way if he gets healthy, maybe we'll see the Rodney of '06 again.

I know it's not a lot to go on but he hasn't allowed a run or a hit in his last two outings. I doubt if they were itching to find some spurious reason to get him on the DL if it looked like he was turning the corner. I'm sure he's genuinely injured.

Hopefully he can come back heakthy after the all-star break.

Now our late inning guys are...DLC, the three lefties, and Durbin?

DD may need to make a trade sooner than later if these guys can't get it done.