Ranger

Elijah Dukes - a model citizen

isn't he hitting like .190? and the only reason he is still with TB is because Durham will not take him back under any circumstances?

I forsee Mr. Dukes in a Washinton Nationals uniform before it's all said and done this year

Dude has ridiculous talent. I'd take a flier on him. We have guys that are more likely to help control him. Tampa doesn't.

I wouldn't touch the guy, I'd rather play 8 people. He's the last thing Detroit needs, a guy who will impregnate or threaten to kill every woman in the city.

I wouldn't touch the guy, I'd rather play 8 people. He's the last thing Detroit needs, a guy who will impregnate or threaten to kill every woman in the city.

We can't do much about his threatening to kill every woman in the city, but I have a feeling Detroit women are smart enough to stay away from him to avoid the first problem.

Though I'd still rather not deal with him, either.

Dude has ridiculous talent. I'd take a flier on him. We have guys that are more likely to help control him. Tampa doesn't.

Who exactly is that? Have him and Colon take on the rest of the AAA team?

Here's where I draw the line as a sports fan... talent or not the guy is a blemish on society. I wouldn't root for him if he wore an English D. I hope he's a huge failure in baseball and karma comes around to makes him pay his debt. It really pisses me off when trash like him will make significantly more money than I do after I worked so hard to get where I'm at now. And yes I can say I worked harder to get where I'm at now than he did to get into the Major Leagues.

I think karma is already biting him in the ***, he must have been a real prick in a past life. What debt does he have to pay other than child support(x6)?

It really pisses me off when trash like him will make significantly more money than I do after I worked so hard to get where I'm at now. And yes I can say I worked harder to get where I'm at now than he did to get into the Major Leagues.

If it makes you feel better, given his significant child support expenses (once he has to start paying them if he isn't already), and my guess that you're a bit more financially adept than him, my guess is you'll at least end up with more.

Actually, given the probability that he'll flame out in the next year or two and that he hasn't earned free agent money yet, a 22 year old engineer (like you're listed) who puts his eggs in the right baskets at the beginning of his career probably has a decent shot at surpassing him over the long term.

I think karma is already biting him in the ***, he must have been a real prick in a past life. What debt does he have to pay other than child support(x6)?

I dunno... maybe treating women like trash will come back around too him too

I'm not defending Dukes, but I got to assume that any woman that would procreate with him probably is trash.

I don't believe he raped any of them, so it takes two to tango. He just needs to learn how to wrap it is all. The child support checks are going to be huge. Either he makes in in baseball and supports his own kids, or he crashes and burns and chances are your tax dollars will help support his kids.

I wouldn't take him if they offered to take Grilli off our hands. This guy is nuts. Putting him and Gary Sheffield in the same clubhouse could create a firestorm. I don't want Dukes anywhere near this team. I hope he gets help and turns his life around (that radio interview started to get depressing around minute 5) and has a 20 year HOF career, but there is WAY too much negative potential in having Dukes on this team.

I wouldn't take him if they offered to take Grilli off our hands. This guy is nuts. Putting him and Gary Sheffield in the same clubhouse could create a firestorm. I don't want Dukes anywhere near this team. I hope he gets help and turns his life around (that radio interview started to get depressing around minute 5) and has a 20 year HOF career, but there is WAY too much negative potential in having Dukes on this team.

I think Dukes and Sheffield together would be a good thing, not a bad thing. I might take a flyer on him.

I think Dukes and Sheffield together would be a good thing, not a bad thing. I might take a flyer on him.

He's not a good person. He's evil, and sick.

The image that I get is of a clubhouse with Gary and Elijah (the Tampa Boys) vs. everybody else. My imagination is probably running wild there, but Dukes reminds me of Ron Artest, and lots of people believe that in a winning/good lockerroom environment, he could change and become a solid citizen. But that has backfired with Artest, and I see no reason why it wouldn't backfire with Dukes.

When finding out the youngster was pregnant, Elijah only had one question: Is it in you?

Haha - I was just reading and catching up here and this made me almost pee my pants. What a manwhore. How absolutely disgusting. Also, why waste a perfectly good gatorade? Throw something ridiculous, like a can of slim fast or something...

According to Tampa papers, Dukes has been cut/DFA'd/optioned to AAA ... it's unclear as of right now, but they're fed up with him.

Dustan Mohr has been called up.

According to Tampa papers, Dukes has been cut/DFA'd/optioned to AAA ... it's unclear as of right now, but they're fed up with him.

Dustan Mohr has been called up.

He should have options, so I'm assuming they'd at least try to get rid of him via trade before just releasing him.

He should have options, so I'm assuming they'd at least try to get rid of him via trade before just releasing him.

I forgot to add "traded" to that list of things that could have happened.

He could have already been traded somewhere. Who knows. As of right now there isn't anymore information on it.

D-Rays owner wanted to flat out cut him after the text message threat, but was talked out of it. The Durham Bulls(Tampa's AAA team) will not allow Dukes on the team since he treated everybody terribly last year, from his teammates and coaches to the secretaries and park attendants. Dukes would have to go to AA, and that probably wouldn't be the best situation for him or the team there either.

Dukes reportedly asked to be traded after being benched the past week and a half. D-Rays were already trying to trade him anyways, and with Gomes hitting so well, probably just decided to cut their losses.

Very sad. What a waste of wonderful talent. This kid could have made something special of his life and his future. Sad for all the children also.

I wonder if that radio interview was the final straw. Defending his father for killing the drug dealer because $100 of crack could be resold for $200..

D-Rays decision maker better get a T.R.O.