Outfielders

Kody Kaiser B

Cory Middleton R

Orlando Rodriguez R

Mike Sullivan L

Casper Wells R

Chris White B

The rest will be announced by Monday

Where's Justin Henry? I thought he and Worth would make a terrific duo up the middle here. The GCL team looks fantastic as well, especially if they add the tough signs.

Last I saw, Figaro was pitching for Lakeland. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in Oneonta once the season starts, but he's still on the LFT roster.

Last I saw, Figaro was pitching for Lakeland. It wouldn't surprise me to see him in Oneonta once the season starts, but he's still on the LFT roster.

Guillermo Moscoso and Alfredo Figaro are with Lakeland right now. Moscoso pitched well in his lone start here but was pulled early (I'm assuming he was on a pitch count). Figaro will probably be best suited in Oneonta.

I wonder where Jordan Newton will end up though - I haven't seen him on a roster yet and this is where I figured he would go.

O-Tigers Roster Story.

http://www.thedailystar.com/sports/2007/06/16/c1-otigers-162.html

Six players set to return to Oneonta Tigers for 2007

Staff Report

Some familiar faces will return to the Oneonta Tigers in 2007.

Six players who have made previous stops with the O-Tigers are on the preliminary 20-man roster released by the Detroit Tigers on Friday.

Pitchers Colin Mahoney and Guillermo Moscoso, infielders Ronnie Bourquin and Jorge Patino, and outfielders Cory Middleton and Casper Wells are the returnees scheduled to arrive in Oneonta on Sunday afternoon.

The O-Tigers have scheduled a workout at 7 p.m. Monday at Damaschke Field. Oneonta will open the New York-Penn League season at Lowell at 7:05 p.m. Tuesday. The Tigers play a three-game set against the Spinners before heading to Damaschke Field for the home opener at 7 p.m. Friday against Tri-City.

Of the players who have been to Oneonta before, Bourquin is likely the top prospect of the group.

Selected by Detroit in the second round during last year’s amateur draft, he was the 50th overall selection. He hit .266 (67-for-252) last season, including two homers and 24 RBIs. He began this season in Single-A Lakeland, but hit .192 (15-for-78) in 26 games.

Schenectady’s Wells played part of last season with the O-Tigers, hitting .229 in 35 games before being promoted to Lakeland, where he hit .152 in 11 games. Middleton played in Oneonta in 2005, hitting .244 with seven homers and 51 RBIs. Last season, he hit .180 with Single-A West Michigan.

Moscoso was Oneonta’s opening-day starter in 2005.

Included on the initial roster are 12 players who have professional experience.

Click to visit their website

Visit Chambers and O'hara

Eight are picks from this year’s amateur draft, with catcher Catcher Devin Thomas is the highest pick of that group. The Tigers selected him in the seventh round out of Brown.

Also being sent to Oneonta from this year’s draft are outfielders Chris White (12th round) and Kody Kaiser (15th), and pitchers Mark Brackman (16th), Noah Krol (17th), Andrew Hess (19th), Eric Crichton (20th) and Paul Nardozzi (31st).

The remainder of the roster will be released by Monday.

Oneonta went 40-34 last season and finished second in the Stedler Division.

Where's Justin Henry? I thought he and Worth would make a terrific duo up the middle here. The GCL team looks fantastic as well, especially if they add the tough signs.
Where is this listing please?

No Hayden Parrott?

I was expecting him to start at Oneonta this year, seeing as how he tore up the GCL in a very small sample size last year. Guess we'll find out Monday whether he gets one of the remaining IF spots.

Here is the 23 man opening day roster:

PITCHERS

Mark Brackman

Eric Crichton

Rudy Darrow

Alfredo Figaro

Luis Gil

Jose Fragoso

Andrew Hess

Noah Krol

Colin Mahoney

Guillermo Moscoso

Paul Nardozzi

Adriano Santos

CATCHERS

Angel Flores

Devin Thomas

INFIELDERS

Ronnie Bourquin

Chris Carlson

Jorge Patino

OUTFIELDERS

Kody Kaiser

Cory Middleton

Orlando Rodriguez

Mike Sullivan

Casper Wells

Chris White

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/oneontatiger1/roster.html

Looks like the shortstop situation there should be fun. I can't help but think there are a few more on that roster...

Kody Kaiser is listed as playing 2B today and hitting leadoff.