Sign in to follow this  
Mikeshoe21

Denver Post Reply, "10 Reasons I hate the Red Wings"

Ten reasons I hate the Red Wings:

10) Everyone else does, and, being a bandwagon Colorado fan, I thought it would be a good idea.

9) They embarrassed Claude Lemieux and, like all Avs fans, I love players who take cheap shots and then cower when it's payback time.

8) Joe Louis Arena is all cluttered with Stanley Cup banners, while ours is nice and clean with only two.

7) They've had and loved hockey since the turn of the century, and we discovered the sport about the same time Starbucks opened their first store in LoDo. How pedestrian of them.

6) Their fans are lame. They can't come up with witty, stinging cheers like we do.

5) We're totally obsessed with them, and they just don't seem to care as much about us. We even cheer against them when we're not even playing them!

4) They went out and bought a contending team, not like us.

... Well, except for Bourque, and Blake, and Kasparaitis, and ...

3) They think they're hockey know-it-alls just because they know technical hockey terms such as "blue line" and "center ice." Say, what does "the crease" mean?

2) They named their arena after a sports hero. How weak is that? We did it right.

... Go, Pepsi! Say, what does "sell out" mean?

1) I believe I have irrefutable proof that Steve Yzerman killed Kenny, the greatest icon to emerge from the state of Colorado.

Those were funny...

( See, I read stuff about the Wings, their dominance, their franchise, ........ and then I wonder why Detroit fans don't understand the Yankees, their franchise, and their fans...)

The Wings and Yankees...not close...The Wings went 40+ years without winning a cup. They built a strong team through good drafting and then when those players got them close to championships, they spend money to grab some free agents and brought home two (and hopefully 3 in about a month) Stanley Cups. (We arent gonna say how the Yankees just buy the best young talent from the Domincan Republic, Cuba and other less developed countries, cause we like Sue to much to do that)