DaBishop

Zeke to the rescue?

He gave us a few good years, helped bring a title but he also brought to the team a whiny irritating nature that you can see in every member of the squad from Prince to Hamilton. Time for him to go before he infects Maxiell and Johnson.

That's kind of how I see it as well. I'm all for a fiery nature as long as it doesn't cross the line too much. For those times that 'Sheed can focus his wrath into his play, I would agree he could be a top tier PF. But that just doesn't seem to be the case as often as it was earlier on in his Detroit days.

Calling him a top 5 PF just doesn't sound right. Here, this is how easy it is to debunk that: Marion, Stoudamire, Boozer, Garnett, Howard, Bosh, Duncan, Nowitzki, Brand,.... go ahead and shake a few names off in order to fit Rasheed in there. And I'm looking for production, not potential.

Additionally, if Zeke wants to make a move and he's got available assets for Dumars to plunder, I'm all for it. Zeke may be the blind squirrel that never finds the acorn.

Slightly off topic: I find it interesting that McDyess mentioned that the pieces are in place, but the mentality has to change. That mentality was there in the title season, but you can see how the team is a bit more whiny now than they were then. Maybe its time to overhaul the core to the tune of seeing only 1 or 2 of Billups/Hamilton/Prince/Wallace/McDyess return?

I wouldn't go so far as to say only 1 or 2 should return, but I definitely think it needs a shakeup. Something like Sheed + 1 other core member being traded for a bit of star power. Bring back 2 of the 4 core starters, in my opinion. And I would definitely bring back McDyess if he's willing to stay on for another year. That should give you enough of a shakeup to change things, while still remaining a good team.

Oh, and fire Flip. Did I forget to mention that part?

In the NBA, you almost never win trading one star for multiple players.

Like that Grant Hill trade that killed the Pistons...

That's kind of how I see it as well. I'm all for a fiery nature as long as it doesn't cross the line too much. For those times that 'Sheed can focus his wrath into his play, I would agree he could be a top tier PF. But that just doesn't seem to be the case as often as it was earlier on in his Detroit days.

Calling him a top 5 PF just doesn't sound right. Here, this is how easy it is to debunk that: Marion, Stoudamire, Boozer, Garnett, Howard, Bosh, Duncan, Nowitzki, Brand,.... go ahead and shake a few names off in order to fit Rasheed in there. And I'm looking for production, not potential.

Additionally, if Zeke wants to make a move and he's got available assets for Dumars to plunder, I'm all for it. Zeke may be the blind squirrel that never finds the acorn.

Slightly off topic: I find it interesting that McDyess mentioned that the pieces are in place, but the mentality has to change. That mentality was there in the title season, but you can see how the team is a bit more whiny now than they were then. Maybe its time to overhaul the core to the tune of seeing only 1 or 2 of Billups/Hamilton/Prince/Wallace/McDyess return?

it seems the attitude changed when flip saunders took over. i said rasheed is a top 5 talent not a top 5 player. at 33 i don't believe he is going to change his ways. i agree we should trade him. i was saying bashing him like some where doing here was uncalled for. i don't believe rasheed had anything to do with the pistons loosing. without rasheed, the pistons would lost to cleveland in 4. now i don't think the team needs a major shake up. move rasheed and try to get some new blood in there. lets not forget this team got to 5 straight ECF and that is not an easy task.