monkeytargets37

....and heeeeeeeere comes the distraction.....

Nobody bought into what Canseco said because he wasn't black. Latinos don't demand to be treated like a man and with respect. Only black people do. Pay attention.

I wonder if Sheffield will be nominated for the "Just shut up" award on the Mike & Mike show...

The Japanese do a pretty damn good job at keeping a consistent strike zone. From umpire to umpire, it's pretty much the same. Whatever they're doing to train those guys, the MLB needs to take note. They also need uniform signals and calls...no more of this showboating crap, you're a ****ing umpire.

Have you ever seen any of the more physical confrontations between players and umps in Japan? Pretty scary stuff. They don't take the "you NEVER touch the ump" as seriously over there.

I don't know what you guys are talking about...I love Sheffield...he's always good for a ridiculous quote or article at least once a year. He's awesome. I was wondering when he'd get to this years inanity. Well played Sheff.

I don't think Sheffield is nuts about the racism issue in general. I do think that there is still a lot of racism in baseball and that black players are perceived differently than white players by the baseball establishment. This might turn away some blacks from the sport. I don't know. I don't believe that baseball rejects talented black players because they are "harder to control" though.