DTroppens

1995 Voting Update

Wow,

Are we to 1995 already! We're in the home stretch. I have been trying to remember to thank everyone when I add their votes. If I forgot someone I'm sorry. The "Paul" or "Kirk" thing became my key thought and I may have forgot to send a PM or two because of that.

People who have voted

idahobert

tiger337

oblong

LJK004

mudman

squid

dr detroit

nate

dayooper

buddha

edman

davidsb

dt35456884

dtroppens

Also note that you pick only FIVE on the player ballot. There are a ton of names for different reasons so I can see this being an issue by mistake. I don't want to have to eliminate the name selections you make because there are 6 or 7 by mistake. It hasn't happened yet, but just doing my ballot I realized it could be easy to do that.

Also note that you pick only FIVE on the player ballot. There are a ton of names for different reasons so I can see this being an issue by mistake. I don't want to have to eliminate the name selections you make because there are 6 or 7 by mistake. It hasn't happened yet, but just doing my ballot I realized it could be easy to do that.

Right. Which is not to say you cannot vote for more than five nominees. It's just that only five of them can actually be players.

This has been beaten to death of course, but we do have some newer committee members so it's probably worth clarifying once again.

And it's a more detailed ballot. It would be very easy to jump from one section to another, "forgetting" someone is a nominee or a carryover nominee.

Dick Traceweski would not be included in the five. He's here as a coach.

Dan Petry -----

Paul Gibson -----

Dave Bergman -------

Sparky Anderson

Larry Oesterman

Willie Hernandez ---------

Mark Fidrych -----------

Steve Kemp --------------

Steve O'Neill

Jim Campbell

John Fetzer

The ---------- are nominees and this is the order they are listed on the ballot. The others are those "freebies".

I haven't seen someone that added too many yet, but better to be safe than sorry.

What I do on ballots is list the five players and put a line break before adding the non-players. For example, last ballot:

Morris

Parrish

Lemon

Whitehill

Kemp

Fetzer

Campbell

O'Neill

I figure that helps sort out and make sure there are no more than five players on the ballot.

I am not sure if we are going to get this done tonight. It's primarily my fault. I had somewhere I was tonight, limiting my chance to open the thread. I didn't get here until about 11:50 p.m. and it looks like dt35456884 isn't around right now. Hopefully we'll get it in before the end of the night still. I have to go home right now so it'll be awhile after this post before anything gets cooking.

I will be gone most of tomorrow as well.