wingedwheel

The Milestone Thread

I guess it isn't really my milestone, but over the weekend we had a celebration for my mother's 85th birthday (which is today). My nephew, my niece, great-niece and my niece's boyfriend flew in from Minneapolis for the occasion, and my sister, nephew and niece came from NY.

My muscles are sore from playing badminton all Saturday afternoon but it was a lot of fun.

It was also the first time I met my niece's bf and he's really nice.

:happy:

successful. I came home today and am doing well
Wendy,

Since I do not do Facebook, I am remiss in checking in with you. Glad you are home and trust all is well.

Roger

Wendy,

Since I do not do Facebook, I am remiss in checking in with you. Glad you are home and trust all is well.

Roger

thanks. I know you are keeping up through Team Mom. Doctor called this evening with the results of the pathology report--no cancer. We were 99% sure but the possibility of a stray cancer cell was there. we are now 100% sure. Even better--I have been released to lift my camera. I think I will make it to the ballpark tomorrow evening :grin:

I just came on to find this thread and it pops to the top. Thanks wolverinefan!

I have a two-part milestone to share. First of all today I completed my fifteenth year of teaching. But more importantly, my oldest child has graduated grade school and will be heading off to high school next year.

When did I get so old...

I graduate in a week.

It is still kind of mind boggling to me at this point.

Congratulations! :happy:

I graduated with my MSW a few weeks ago and start a brand new social work job on Monday. I am super excited, as it is exactly what I had planned for life at this point. :happy:

Not really a milestone, but a very unexpected, and welcomed, thing...

Yesterday I discovered that shortly after I thought I took care of the funds from my old 401k from my previous job (back in January), the company deposited my 2009 profit sharing earnings. Hello money I didn't know I had!

Today my beautiful wife and I have been married for 15 years. We are leaving the kids with friends and heading over to Orlando for a couple days.

I am starting to interview for part time jobs. Thursday is my first one. I hope to pay off the remainder of my LASIK and my student loan early and save up for my own condo.

Also with the economy coming around here, I hope to be in the market for a new job. I'm facing an increased workload (but a decrease in the interesting work) and the second year in a row with no raises at my current job, and am ready for new challenges.

Wish me luck!

Edited by Lousluggage

My oldest just completed her first day of high school, and found out that she made the JV volleyball team.

When did I get so old???

When did I get so old???

I'm 39 years old. My oldest (of 4) will be 20 on Wednesday. My "little" sister will 30 on Wednesday, as well. Today I started my 4th first day of college, but during my first class when I walked in this morning the class got silent... then I sat down and I heard, "Man, I thought that was the teacher!"

Did I mention I'm gonna be a grandpa in December?

As a musician I've played for Presidents and sports hero's, millionaire's and artists. My music has taken me all across the U.S., the Caribbean and Europe.

I've never felt as old as I did today.

My oldest just completed her first day of high school, and found out that she made the JV volleyball team.

When did I get so old???

One of your wonderful children is in high school? Wow!

One of your wonderful children is in high school? Wow!

And today she was elected Vice President of her class!

We are so proud of her.

And today she was elected Vice President of her class!

We are so proud of her.

Nice. Any chance of the president getting assassinated or anything that might make him or her resign?

Nice. Any chance of the president getting assassinated or anything that might make him or her resign?

I think his name is Garfield McKinley or something like that...

On Friday I went to my 6 month post-LASEK checkup. Results?

left eye: 20/25

right eye: 20/20

It's odd since my left eye was going to be corrected to 20/40 (for reading). That might be why I assumed my right eye was undercorrected, because I could tell I was seeing out of both eyes about the same.

I'm definitely not complaining though-woot!!!

Back when the Holidays were beginning I put the idea in my head not to gain weight this year. I had good reason at my age with minimum exercise, 5'8 and 240 lbs. I've jokingly called it here my beer diet, yet there is a lot of truth in that description. This morning I slept late and felt heavy as I approached the digital scales. I can usually predict (undressed) within 1.5 lbs what I will weigh. Several times I have touched 210.5 only to be back to 214 the following day.

So this morning the plateau was finally broken and I registered 209. I weighed 2 more times over the next hour with the same result.

Now I sit here wondering about the morning. I just finished a wonderful ribeye that will still be with me tomorrow.

FWIW, I've often been told it's best to weigh yourself only once a week while you're on a diet. It's when you're trying to maintain that it's important to weigh yourself every day.

I don't pay attention to the scale any more... I can tell how I'm doing by the way my favorite skinny jeans fit. :)