Oblong

Brian Bluhm Memorial part II - take a bow

I'm waiting to hear from the Whitecaps for the final tally.

He still hasn't gotten in touch? I'll go send him an e-mail, see if I can maybe spur some action.

I just want to say how cool of a thing it is the members of this site are doing for someone who most (if not all) have never met in person. It really speaks volumes for the sense of community that has been fostered by this forum. I'm proud to have been a very small part of this, as I'm sure everyone else who contributed is as well.

Ranger contacted the Mud Hens and the guy left me a voice mail but it got erased and I've never been able to get back with him. .

Christopher M. Hole

Season Ticket & Group Sales Associate

Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club, Inc.

(419) 720-4403 Direct

(419) 725-HENS (4367) Main

(419) 725-4368 Fax

If I wasn't so busy during normal business hours I'd contact him myself.

Yes, Yoda was able to get the Paver donated. There was no problem getting it done. I think using the money to support his fmaily's wishes is a great tribute to Brian. I know he would be smiling on the first person who was helped.

Oblong, have you hear from Jim Jarecki yet? If not, I will give him a call, to once again let him know that you are ready and willing to put forth payment for the plaque.

No I haven't. the only time I think to call him is during off hours. I just want to give him the money for the plaque so that I can give Brian's family fund the rest. The good thing is the fund has gotten more than enough interest to offset th paypal fees.

No I haven't. the only time I think to call him is during off hours. I just want to give him the money for the plaque so that I can give Brian's family fund the rest. The good thing is the fund has gotten more than enough interest to offset th paypal fees.

I hope the paypal fees were not large - that was why I sent you a check instead.

MTS Friends,

I just came back "on-line" several days ago to MTS after what must have been a six-month hiatus. I will describe more about the reasons for this elsewhere (it's good news).

I was conscious immediately of the absence of posts by Estrepe1, especially after I went back to look at some old threads to get caught up. I saw someone's tag-line with "Estrepe, RIP", and realized that the "Brian Bluhm" memorial thread was for him. I also found out that he was very young. How tragic!

I don't know the details or even the date of his death yet, but I am very shocked and saddened to hear of it. He was a gracious and intelligent person, from what very little I experienced through MTS.

I am very touched to see the memorials for Brian. May he rest in peace.

God bless,

Tom

I just heard from the Whitecaps, and Brian's plaque is ready!

They asked if we'd like to have a ceremony when the plaque is installed, which I thought would be a very nice way to show our love and memory for Brian. When more details arise, I will be sure to share!

They asked if we'd like to have a ceremony when the plaque is installed, which I thought would be a very nice way to show our love and memory for Brian. When more details arise, I will be sure to share!

Outstanding job potthole!!

Outstanding job potthole!!

It's not just me that needs a pat on the back. We had over 160 kind and generous people donate nearly $5700 to this cause. Everybody deserves some props for this memorial to our friend.

The plaque ceremony might be next week sometime. My contact with the Whitecaps is out of the office today, so I won't have more info until Monday probably, but he expressed interest in doing it next week if possible.

I'll get the money sent out on Monday. Today's too hectic to make it to the bank.

It's too bad we couldn't have a formal ceremony some time next season to commemorate the plaque. That way all of us could make plans to come, celebrate, reflect and fellowship together.

I would really like to attend that, more than you could possibly imagine !!

It's too bad we couldn't have a formal ceremony some time next season to commemorate the plaque. That way all of us could make plans to come, celebrate, reflect and fellowship together.

There isn't an official date set yet, so who knows, maybe the Whitecaps will say they'd like to push it back later. If they do happen to do something within the next week, we could always have Motown get together in Brian's memory, with a special time spent at the plaque.

There isn't an official date set yet, so who knows, maybe the Whitecaps will say they'd like to push it back later. If they do happen to do something within the next week, we could always have Motown get together in Brian's memory, with a special time spent at the plaque.

Being from Atlanta, I will not be able to attend, but I will be there in spirit!

This afternoon I will be dropping off the payment for Brian's plaque. I hope to be able to talk in detail with the Whitecaps about specifics for date/time for a plaque dedication ceremony.

I'm hoping maybe it can be done this Thursday (the 8th) or next Thursday (the 15th).

THE DEDICATION CEREMONY IS SET!

Thursday, November 15 at 2:00 p.m. Up in front of the ticket counter at Fifth Third Ballpark. All are invited!

We will be unveiling the plaque made for Brian, and taking a moment to remember our fallen friend.

Anybody who might have interest in coming, please send me a PM!