Oblong

Brian Bluhm Memorial part II - take a bow

Been a little while since this was visited. I am just curious of where we are in donating the money, or what not.

Great job on getting the plaque potthole!

I need to call the guy in Toledo. I have his voice mail but just haven't found the time during the day. I may try and do it tomorrow.

I haven't been contacted by the Whitecaps yet. I figure we'll do the Toledo and West Michigan plaques since the ball's already rolling on those. I believe Yoda and Huey were able to arrange something by Lakeland too that was provided for free. I'm planning on turning over the rest of the money to the family fund if that's alright with everybody else.

I figure we'll do the Toledo and West Michigan plaques since the ball's already rolling on those. I believe Yoda and Huey were able to arrange something by Lakeland too that was provided for free. I'm planning on turning over the rest of the money to the family fund if that's alright with everybody else.

These four (4) memorials seem to capture (at least in spirit) the intent of almost every idea I've read. The only idea I don't see materially supported is the "Tiger Foundation" connection mentioned by tigerfanfromchicago here. I read that the Tigers had been contacted, so perhaps a portion of the contributions could be set aside for this as well. I think it would be great if the board could display an ad that linked to the Tiger's community page listed in the tigerfanfromchicago post mentioned above. The ad could run for awhile around July 19th and be part of continuing to remember Brian.

I think all of the initiatives are awesome because they not only show thoughtfulness and generosity but are point on appropriate and perpetual. The high quality of many group efforts in general and this one in particular never ceases to impress.

I've been wondering if Jim has called you, Oblong. Right after him and I really got things rolling, the Kenny Rogers game was announced, so I'm sure he got sidetracked with a whole bunch of stuff in relation to that.

I'll be at a couple of Whitecap games this weekend, I'll see if I can catch him and ask how things are going on his end.

Jim Jarecki has sent me a mockup of the memorial plaque for Brian. He said the real version should be ready soon. Rob, it is my understanding that he should get in touch with you sometime soon.

I just wanted to share this with everybody here. I think this plaque is beautiful, and is a very fitting tribute to our great friend's memory.

BrianBluhmPlaque.jpg

Awesome.

There was an article in the Richmond Times today about Freshman orientation at VT. It too made me think of Brian.

I'll sure miss discussing the Hokies' football prospects with him this year. The normal level of excitement for college football around here is a little subdued this year remembering those who are no longer here to share it.

I love it! It looks awesome! Thanks for getting that rolling potthole!

This website as a whole deserves the thanks. It was all of us here who donated the money that will be used to purchase this memorial. I was merely the contact person to help all of our generous givings get properly used.

I will be sure to get some photographs of this up when the plaque is in place.

I sent PM's tonight to the last few checks I had left to cash.

If you did not get one of those messages and sent me a check that did not clear, please let me know. I'm certain I kept all of these together I want to make sure.

I just wanted to say thanks to all the peeps that put all of this together, from the collection to the work with some of the minor league teams, etc. It would be more fitting to point each person out, but I know i'd miss someone.

Thanks all!

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank You for honoring Brian. I know he would be embarrassed by all of the attention...but deep down a little excited. What you guys are doing is awesome.

I am sorry I never post...I lost my password but I will try and be better.

Much love and thanks.

Happy Birthday little brother.

I just wanted to drop in and say Thank You for honoring Brian. I know he would be embarrassed by all of the attention...but deep down a little excited. What you guys are doing is awesome.

I am sorry I never post...I lost my password but I will try and be better.

Much love and thanks.

Happy Birthday little brother.

You are always welcome here.

After seeing Angela visit the site tonite, it had me thinking about the memorials that we collected for. What is the latest? Are we going to just donate the money in Brian's name? I dont want this to sound rude or anything, but it has been a little while now. (hope that didnt come out wrong!)

I think the idea was to have a memorial in every Tiger park in his name. I know we will have one at TigerTown here in Lakeland. The parks probably do these things duringf the of fmonths. I am not sure if we have a date as to when lakleand does theirs pavers every year. I will call on that today for you.

I'm waiting to hear from the Whitecaps for the final tally. If I remember correctly, the one in Lakeland is being donated by the Flying Tigers. Ranger contacted the Mud Hens and the guy left me a voice mail but it got erased and I've never been able to get back with him.

My plan was to pay for the Whitecaps and then donate the rest to the VT Fund that was set up by his family. I believe it offers aid to students going into the field that he got his Master's Degree in. If someone wants to take charge on seeing if the Mud Hens could do anything, feel free. I would do it but I have enough on my plate and the time spent doing that could be time spent doing other things that I'm neglecting.

Thanks again all. I think the two parks, plus a donation to the VT fund will be a great tribute to one of the greatest Tigers fans I've ever known.