Yoda

5-07-07: Day off!

Tomorrow's my birthday!

You know, it's been years since I've had any kind of party on my birthday, so this year, a dozen or so of my friends and I are going to go karaoke-ing in Hahvid Square. Gonna be pissah.

On May 6th, 2006, what was our record?

20 - 10 (then went on a 3 game losing streak)

sorry, that was thru 30 games, not on may 6.

I can't believe we already have 11 different pitchers with a win, that has to be a record at the 30 game mark.

An off-day? Please tell me this is a joke. What ever will I do while I'm at work?!

I suppose they deserve a day off though. I'll be at work all day. My first-ever day at work as a college graduate. I don't expect it will be any more exciting than usual though.

Tomorrow's my birthday!

You know, it's been years since I've had any kind of party on my birthday, so this year, a dozen or so of my friends and I are going to go karaoke-ing in Hahvid Square. Gonna be pissah.

cake.gif

Why does Eddie Vedder always have that goofy fake pissed off look?

Because he's Eddie Vedder. He has to looked pissed off. Have you ever seen him smile? I saw it once, and it was the most awkward smile ever.

But he's not young anymore, so he can't be angry at authority. Perhaps he's angry at the youth?

Tomorrow the second graders and I will spend the morning doing a flower inventory of our neighborhood. Then putting the results in a spreadsheet to track trends. Then testing first graders in the afternoon.

Tuesday, however, is SCHOOL OF ROCK DAY with the third-graders! They all qualified this year to participate (they have to be able to explain how an electric guitar makes sound and how that little itty bitty bit of electricity is amplified into a big sound). A couple of them came up with an interesting idea for an amplifier design. A combo with 12 speakers. 2 each of 2, 4, 6, 8, 10. and 1 15 inch speaker. Runs in stereo. A nice wrap up for our electricity and magnetism unit. watched the movie today to prep for it.

They are mad as a hatter. One of them is of good musical stock as his dad is a multi-time national fiddle champ and super guitarist and mandolin player. Got a couple of cheap fake strats this year to go along with the basses. Tuning in open G so they should be able to play "Bad To The Bone" quite easily.

That's my next two days.

Edit: Pic from last year:

2005-2006_3rd_a135.jpg

I'm finally free with nothing to do tomorrow night...and we have an off day. Way to coordinate the Tigers off days with mine MLB. :lick:

Okay now for the Day off game. Since on days off nothing is real, Joel Zumaya is not injured, and he will have a surprise start. Okay, top of the first he only needs his fast ball with an occasional change up to keep them guessing (not sure who they are playing in this game, and don't have a line up. perhaps someone who wants to play along will come up with that. For the first inning Joel has caught them by surprise and struck out the side. He hit 104 on the radar gun as he struck out the last batter, and Leyland met him at the top of the stairs of the dugout to remind him that he is in the long haul in this game and should perhaps take some of the heat off the pitches. Joel wasn't overjoyed at that suggestion, but we will see what happens.

Then he quickly runs in the clubhouse to play a bit of GH before the 2nd inning. :')

Ha! When Babette speaks French I need to carry around a top hat.:cheeky:

I'm sure a little yamika would suffice.

A real one, ideally Yoda that freakin' head case.

You're pushing it, pal! If I had a picture of you to photoshop, you'd be cruizin' for an embarrassment!

The Mrs. and I will be taking it easy on at our beach house on the shores of Lake Boise, blogging, sipping fine wine and making sure the nanny doesn't let another one of the kids drown.

gu1712.jpg

Bert, you're starting to get a little bit of belly on you, better slow down on that wine a bit.

Great Idea for an off day game thread Yoda. While it was fun, I don't think that the game thread that inspired this had ever seen us go so far off topic before.

Since there's no Tigers game tonight, make sure you all watch the Wings game and see them finish off the Sharks!

Great Idea for an off day game thread Yoda. While it was fun, I don't think that the game thread that inspired this had ever seen us go so far off topic before.
Agreed! Hey, you know I'm always up for a goof-off thread! As Conway Twitty once said, "I can tell you've never been this far before ...."

Oh my sweet juevos...

Between Pistons, Red Wings, and Heroes, I was wondering how my remote was going to make it through the night without catching on fire.