84 Lives!!!

The Official Detroit Lions 2007 NFL Draft Thread

I like to watch the entire draft, from start to finish...

But I can't always do that because my wife starts yelling at me so...

I'll do/add/comment when I can...

Plus... my boy has a game at 1PM (EST)... 'bout where the Lions will be selecting if they get the trade down with Tampa...

It sucks only in the sense that every Saturday game he's played has been at 10:30AM. So why - TODAY!!! - is it a late start?!?!

And my wife already started with the guilt-trip messages... "Which is more important?!?! The draft, or your son?!"

I mean... C'MON!!! That is such a TOUGH question to answer!!!

ummmm....

That last comment was a joke...

My wife was looking over my shoulder...

LMAO:silly: :silly: Just say it is only 1 day out of the year and you won't miss anymore games

LMAO:silly: :silly: Just say it is only 1 day out of the year and you won't miss anymore games

Actually...

2 days.

Which really pisses off the wife when on Sunday she's screaming at me "Haven't you had ENOUGH of this already?!?!?!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I guess they couldn't get a contract in place....

Or simply... Al Davis is still playing games...

Which is the only thing that worries me at this point...

Or simply... Al Davis is still playing games...

Which is the only thing that worries me at this point...

Davis loves the spotlight and the one thing that makes me think that he takes Russell over anything else is where he compared him to Elway and Davis had a huge man crush on Elway and his huge arm

Davis loves the spotlight and the one thing that makes me think that he takes Russell over anything else is where he compared him to Elway and Davis had a huge man crush on Elway and his huge arm

I'm banking on that...

Am I the only one who finds it hard to be all that excited about the Lions' draft knowing that Millen is still the GM?

Its Al Davis....yea thats about it......

But what is the big deal if he doesn't?

Fun fact of the day:

Not once under Millen have the Lions ranked in the top half of the NFL in either offense or defense. Only once has either cracked the top 20 – the defense got to 18th in 2004, when the Lions won six whole games.

But what is the big deal if he doesn't?

If he picks Calvin Johnson... it's most likely that whatever the HUGE bounty the Lions would be able to get from selecting Calvin themselves, or trading the pick, would instantly be reduced by a great amount.

Our BEST scenario is Oakland picking Russell. Period. In my opinion.

If he picks Calvin Johnson... it's most likely that whatever the HUGE bounty the Lions would be able to get from selecting Calvin themselves, or trading the pick, would instantly be reduced by a great amount.

Our BEST scenario is Oakland picking Russell. Period. In my opinion.

Ok. I see. I don't think the Lions are going to get as big a deal as they could, though. I guess we will know in a few hours.

It looks like it is Russell

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft07/news/story?id=2852155

It appears the Oakland Raiders have made their choice, and it's JaMarcus Russell. According to two sources, one with the Raiders and one close to Russell, the team called Russell Friday to inform him he would be the No. 1 pick in the 2007 NFL Draft.

The team called Russell on Friday to inform him that he is their player, the sources said. Oakland quietly flew offensive coordinator Greg Knapp to New York on Thursday to meet with Russell and reassure him of his status as the team's preference over Georgia Tech receiver Calvin Johnson and Notre Dame quarterback Brady Quinn.

The Raiders had tried to leverage the players against one another in contract negotiations. Oakland does not have a deal in place with Russell, as often is the case with team selecting first overall, but the Raiders and Russell's agents, Ethan Lock and Eric Metz, have agreed to negotiate in good faith.

The selection of Russell leaves Johnson, the draft's top player on many team's boards, available when the Lions select second overall. The Lions are then expected to select a receiver in the first round for the fourth time in the past five years. Johnson could perhaps then be dealt to the Buccaneers, who reportedly have been in discussions with the Lions regarding the second pick

As for Quinn, the Cleveland Browns, according to team sources, will, barring a trade, go with Wisconsin tackle Joe Thomas over the Ohio native with the third overall pick.

Quinn is also not expected to be selected by the Minnesota Vikings, who are committed to 2006 second-round pick Tavaris Jackson. Quinn is expected to be on the board at the ninth pick when the quarterback-needy Miami Dolphins are on the clock.

Man up, 84.

Heh.

Im watching the draft coverage, atleast until the Wings game comes on...