Oblong

Bluhm Memorial Fund

I did some quick number crunching earlier this evening, and using the $1700 total that Oblong posted awhile back, plus the posted amounts after that, I calculated that we've had close to $3000 in pledges so far. This is awesome!

I did some quick number crunching earlier this evening, and using the $1700 total that Oblong posted awhile back, plus the posted amounts after that, I calculated that we've had close to $3000 in pledges so far. This is awesome!

Incredible.

I'd like to do $50 altogether - $25 from me, and $25 for someone else who can't do it. Paypal preferred.

FWIW - those discussing using paypal, please remember that paypal takes 3%... adjust accordingly?

Tomorrow evening I'll compile the figures here and in the PM's I've gotten (which have been numerous). I would not be surprised if we get passed $4000.

I have to go to the bank for another matter on Monday and I'm going to ask about setting up a specific account for this. I"m not sure what the process is on proper memorial funds but somebody mentioned earlier seeing if we could get the Tigers to match our funds. I'm guessing thye'd only do that if it was an official fund and not just checks made out to me. I really have no idea how that works, if they charge or not. I will look into it. Has anyone else worked with those?

I will also set up a paypal account. I used to have one but I let it expire.

I will also set up a paypal account. I used to have one but I let it expire.

Oblong, Paypal can be very difficult to get a hold of a real person, but I think it might be worthwhile to try to get a hold of someone and see about possibly waving the fees since this is for a memorial fund for the VaTech situation.

Just my $.02, I'd be willing to assist with this in any manner you need.

Guys put me down for $100 to the MTS fund via paypal.

I am also planning to attend the funeral services on Tuesday, is anyone else here going?

In addition, I will be forwarding the Memorial Fund info to a large group of friends here in Virginia in hopes that they will contibute to that fund.

God bless you all and Go Tigers!!!

In fact, as I think about it, i'd be happy to serve as a representative of sorts for the MTS community if no one else is able to make it to the funeral. Perhaps we could leave something special for Brian there with his family.

Throw suggestions my way, anything I can do i will.

Hello everyone, just thought i'd update you on my total:

$300!

and still waiting on my parents donation, I wouldn't be surprised if it reached somewhere around $400.

What we're doing here is beautiful, this is why Detroit sports fans are the best sports fans out there.

rick

Put me down for $30.00.

I'm a bit handcuffed at the moment. If this were a year ago I'd at least triple that amount.

I'm reading this and getting choked up. This is awesome. Put me down for $50.

I would prefer that we avoid paypal if they are going to take 3%.