Oblong

Bluhm Memorial Fund

Just an FYI for anyone looking to donate in other manners, I got an email from Brian's brother in law that there are fake memorials popping up and someone posing as a family representative.

Wow thats beyond disgusting! :mad:

All of you have really stepped up the plate on this. We are doing a wonderful thing here. Huey already sent his check a few days ago. Brian's parents will be so overwhelmed at this.

This is correct and has been handled. Hopefully there won't be anymore problems, but unfortunately there are people out there that may try to take advantage of the family, which we don't want.

You all have done a great job! In response to the comment about being overwhelmed, we are! However, we are so grateful of the love and support you all have shown. Thank you!

Just an update, I'm up to $3700 received. If you've been using this thread as a guide for a total keep in mind that some who posted in this thread with an intention to donate have contributed directly to the family fund and that's not counted here because it didn't come through me.

So far there's only one check where I'm not quite sure who it came from. If you've sent me a check and you have a zip code of 49307, please send me a PM. I would like to match these up with screen names.

Also, many of you asked me to let you know when I got it. Please send me a PM, I wasn't at my PC when I was going through this so I coudln't respond right away.

It could be BiggieG.

It was probably mine, because I don't remember putting my screen name on my check or note. I sent Oblong a PM the other night after seeing his post.

Sadly, Brian was gone before I got here. I've looked back at hundreds of his posts and the gut-wrenching thread from 4/16. I would definitely like to contribute.

Oblong, please pm your mailing address.

Sadly, Brian was gone before I got here. I've looked back at hundreds of his posts and the gut-wrenching thread from 4/16. I would definitely like to contribute.

Oblong, please pm your mailing address.

Helfy, thank you for your kind gesture, and welcome to our board. As you have already seen, this is one terrific bunch.

We're up to around $4400 received. I've logged everything I've gotten through today. Nice work everyone.

I just got an e-mail from the Whitecaps. They said they can't do a brick, but they would be willing to put a plaque on a bench in front of the ticket office. They didn't mention anything about a price, and am going to write them back to ask.

Depending on what the price is, would we like to go through with a memorial plaque at 5/3 Ballpark for the Whitecaps?

At least they are willing to do something. Huey and I got a very nice card from Brian's parents today. They couldn't believe all the nice things we have said and done for them. They still have a long ways to go so remember them.

I just got an e-mail from the Whitecaps. They said they can't do a brick, but they would be willing to put a plaque on a bench in front of the ticket office. They didn't mention anything about a price, and am going to write them back to ask.

Depending on what the price is, would we like to go through with a memorial plaque at 5/3 Ballpark for the Whitecaps?

I think this is a nice gesture.

I think that would be awesome!

I like this.

I think it is time that we take a realistic look at what we are going to do. I like what the whitecaps are offering. and Toledo still has the brick program. it is time to decide what is going to take place IMO.

I think it is time that we take a realistic look at what we are going to do. I like what the whitecaps are offering. and Toledo still has the brick program. it is time to decide what is going to take place IMO.

Check in with Oblong... I thought he was coordinating this...

Maybe you could give a list of what has already been done Rob, and a list of some other options we could consider if there is still monies to be contributed to Brian's memory in other ways...?

Once I get a price from the Whitecaps, I think we should go ahead with the plaque. If I don't get an e-mail within a day or two, I'll give them a phonecall to find out the exact price, and what we'd have to do to go through with it.