Motor City Sonics

A proper tribute to Brian

Count me in too.

I don't really have much to add to what everyone has said. Brian is going to be missed greatly He was definitely one of the most knowledgeable and passionate posters. Though I never knew him, this community does create a sense of family and it hurts to have one of the family gone.

Does anyone know how to contact Mario Impemba so he can give a quick shout out to Brian during tonight's broadcast? Has anyone tried contacting Rod, Mario or FSD?

I just got a call from the Tigers and they no longer do the brick thing, but they are considering bringing it back. Even if it's another year, we should still do it.

Count me in................

It'd be a great idea if we'd do enough colored bricks to enshrine the entire name:

Estrepe1

somewhere in these minor league venues. Maybe they'd help reduce the price to allow such a thing as a tribute to him and his love for the Tigers and the game???????

The Toledo Mudhens currently have a buy-a-brick program.

Estrepe was a big minor league guy. Maybe this will work.

I would go so far as to get the Toledo brick set up and pay with my credit card then whoever wants to chip in they can send some money to my PayPal account if they'd like.....

Count me in regardless.

Whatever is decided upon you bet I'll contribute.

Wow, I just found out about this. Very sad.

I'll donate. I never talked to him personally, but I, like many here loved reading his posts...

Whoever knew Brian personally, we need your help. I think now we have a lot of people on board and can do "something". Now we need to determine what that something is. Did he have a favorite charity? Did his family? What groups did he belong to at Va Tech (Professional organizations, student groups, a national fraternity)? Anything in his hometown in MD? I still love the brick at Comerica idea.

Its cliche' but true, the sum of all of us as one community, as one motownsports.com voice, is greater than the parts.

Any direction that anyone could provide would be awesome...

Other ideas?

I just found out, just awful. Maybe in the coming days there will be a fund or some sort of chartable cause will be announced we can all donate to. I think you guys are right, we should do something.

-Scott