Motor City Sonics

A proper tribute to Brian

How about a brick down at Comerica Park in Brian's name?

Do they still do that?

If we all pitched in a couple of bucks we could get one of the really nice ones - maybe with the Tiger logo and a message for him. We could give the second brick to his sister.

I don't know if anyone else brought this up in another thread and if they did, I didn't mean to steal the idea. I just think it's a way for him to be part of the Tigers until they tear down Comerica.

I bought one for my Nephew before the park opened. As far as I know, it was a one time deal, and they are no longer available.

If they don't still do the brick, then whatever else is decided I would like to be a part of.

How about a donation to Ilitch Charities in his name? Or something that buys tickets for kids.

Oblong - I like that but I'd really like something physical that I can see as a tribute to him. Maybe we can do a little of both?

Count me in too. I don't post here enough to have ever conversed with Brian but I enjoyed his posts. He added a lot to this forum; I'm sure his contributions weren't limited to here. Such an utter waste.

If bricks are no longer available at Comerica, it might be worth seeing if a similar program exists at West Michigan, Lakeland, Erie, or Toledo. Estrepe was such a big fan of the minor leagues, that might be equally fitting.

If bricks are no longer available at Comerica, it might be worth seeing if a similar program exists at West Michigan, Lakeland, Erie, or Toledo. Estrepe was such a big fan of the minor leagues, that might be equally fitting.

There is, or was, here at Lakeland. HueyTaxi and TeamMom have one for their son. I'll find out if they're still availible and at what cost.

In the meantime...is anybody going to the game tonight? Someone could make a nice sign, simply saying something like "Brian, we'll miss you" or something. With a picture of the VT logo and the Hobbes picture.

I'd do it, if I weren't so far away.

Count me in please.

Something "tangible" that everyone could see, to remember, to pause and reflect upon would be wonderful.

Wouldn't it be fitting to see Hobbes dancing on the scoreboard at the ballpark tonight? I wish that could be made possible.

How about a brick down at Comerica Park in Brian's name?

Do they still do that?

If we all pitched in a couple of bucks we could get one of the really nice ones - maybe with the Tiger logo and a message for him. We could give the second brick to his sister.

I don't know if anyone else brought this up in another thread and if they did, I didn't mean to steal the idea. I just think it's a way for him to be part of the Tigers until they tear down Comerica.

I'm in.

Some one had an idea of a paypal account. I am not sure what we could do with it unless someone got a hold of his family and we could give it to them. Or maybe we can raise money for a anti-violence charity in his honor. just some ideas. If someone knows a good charity that helps family members who had a relative killed i would be down with that.

I know I don't post nearly as much as the rest of you, but over the last couple years I read daily. Estrepe1 was a great poster and moreover it sounds like a wonderful human being. I'd be glad to donate in his honor.

Some one had an idea of a paypal account. I am not sure what we could do with it unless someone got a hold of his family and we could give it to them. Or maybe we can raise money for a anti-violence charity in his honor. just some ideas.

Yeah that was me in the other thread. All of these tributes/threads are great but it was nice that this one was created to keep it focused on doing something nice. I love the brick at Comerica idea.