Ranger

Brian Bluhm (estrepe1)

Brains song on his Myspace page I find to be somewhat eerie, and somehow completely fitting.

I have always loved Uncle Tupelo, I like them even more now.

Haha TigerBomb I just was thinking that too.

Brains song on his Myspace page I find to be somewhat eerie, and somehow completely fitting.

I have always loved Uncle Tupelo, I like them even more now.

Haha TigerBomb I just was thinking that too.

That song will certainly feel different now.

I wish I could have met Brian - what a great Tigers fan and poster on this site!

I pray that the Lord uphold his family through this unbearable time.

Jesus said unto her, "I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." - John 11:25

I guess I just can't get the horrifying image out of my head of what possibly went thru the head of Estrepe in the dwindling moments of his life.

From the reports of how this was done...execution style...I....can't come to terms with how horrifying that must have been. I will always be left with the image of this in my head. He didn't deserve this...not this way.

I can only imagine what was going through his head.

I honestly can't sleep, I think I may need some Pacmen to clam me down and distract my mind for awhile.

I guess I just can't get the horrifying image out of my head of what possibly went thru the head of Estrepe in the dwindling moments of his life.

From the reports of how this was done...execution style...I....can't come to terms with how horrifying that must have been. I will always be left with the image of this in my head. He didn't deserve this...not this way.

I can only imagine what was going through his head.

I was about to write something very similar, but you've said it all right here. I feel the saem way.

I can't sleep either. This is painful, knowing that estrepe1 won't be around here anymore. I can't even imagine what his family is going through. May the Lord give them strength!

I know I haven't posted on here in quite some time, but I immediately thought of Brian when I initially heard about the VT shootings earlier Monday morning. I was thinking of checking on here to see if there was any word regarding his status (trying to delay what potentially could be the inevitable) and unfortunately my fears have been confirmed.

Allow me to express my deepest condolences toward his family, friends, acquaintances..etc..... His soul/spirit is eternal and will never cease.... We'll always have our fond memories of him... I am beyond saddened at the moment. I never met him and it's been quite a few years since we corresponded together on here, but he definitely touched me and everyone else.... RIP.....

I honestly can't sleep, I think I may need some Pacmen to clam me down and distract my mind for awhile.

i can't sleep either. i was going to pay around in the arcade hoping it would help. it's what i did until sometime after 3 last night. i remember seeing that Estrepe (among others) was there and i remember thinking about the days when i was in college, staying up till the wee hours of the morning doing silly stuff like playing video games.

now it's the middle of the night, and i can't sleep. i'm just sitting around posting on this board, doing an increasingly worse job of fighting off tears...

This is horrible. I didn't know Brian too well, but I did speak with him a few times on the board via pm. He was one of my favorite posters and someone I had great respect for. He will always be Hobbes.

My nephew goes to VT and he managed to get through safely. Then I find out that Brian died and I just don't know what to think.

Can someone post what Curtis did on Brian's page?

Made him his top friend and left a "rest in peace Brian" comment.

I really just don't know what to say. I haven't been on the board much in a while, and as soon as I heard about the shootings I checked in here to find out if Brian was ok. All I can think about right now is how I came back after a long break from the board (maybe a year ago or so) and found a PM from him asking me how things were going. And of course, I deleted the PM and now I just wish I had it back.

Mr. and Mrs. Bluhm,

Your son Brian was first, foremost and always a gentleman.

Sincerely,

Kris Wales

Oh God... this is horrible!!!!!

When I woke up this morning the first thing I did was long on here, hoping and hoping someone heard from Brian and that he was o.k.

Now I'm praying (forgive me if this sounds crass) that he was the first one to go, so that he didn't have to see the horror of it all.

I can't read anymore. My heart is so incredibly heavy.

Oh God...I was not expecting this at all...the chances...I didn't think so. My heart is also heavy. I didn't not expect this at all when I woke up. I expected to see him back on. Oh Jesus Christ, I pray his family is alright and may his soul rest in heaven...

http://sabersdrawn.wordpress.com/

from the site

Brian Bluhm

April 17th, 2007

My good friend and fellow contributor to this blog, Brian Bluhm, was among the 32 students killed in the massacre at Virginia Tech on Monday. I knew Brian exclusively through the Internet — I never met him in person or spoke to him on the phone. Still, I considered him an important person in my life and I am deeply saddened by his death.

It feels solipsistic to indulge my own feelings when so many people who knew him in “real life” are more devestated than I can imagine. But this great tragedy serves to remind me how people who otherwise wouldn’t know each other are able to forge meaningful bonds through the most unlikely of ways — like a shared passion for baseball or Uncle Tupelo.

Brian was an incredible person; I knew that much without the benefit of shaking his hand. He was kind and honorable and intelligent. He will be missed.

Holy crap i cant believe what i am reading... i thought the odds were he was ok

RIP E

Don't post much anymore, but still read the site religiously and Estrepe was always one of my favorite posters. I don't even know what to say, I'm just sitting here the past 20 minutes stunned. RIP Estrepe.

Dear God, this is terrible news. I don't know what to say other than Rest In Peace, Brian.