Ranger

Brian Bluhm (estrepe1)

kpking,

Every time I came back on the board to see if he had posted I looked at that time and started thinking about that as well - just what he did.

A few minutes back they talked to a girl about the people in her class and what happened. You see Brian's picture and you almost see the image. I really don't know if I want to be thinking that, but I am. Just a sad sad day for the board. But also a great time to remember a great family member here on this board.

I usually try to avoid the 'personal' threads because I just have a difficult time even pretending like I can understand or come to know people that I've personally never met. And I'm not going to pretend that I really knew Brian now...

But I've been reading and exchanging with Estrepe since our days on the ESPN Tiger message board - six maybe 7 years...And if I was willing to take the leap now, that I said I wasn't above...I'd just say that over that entire time I've never exchanged with someone more cordial, more honest, more interested...He just always struck me as a man that was always more concerned with doing right (by someone) than being right - and that's not something we see a lot of today, and perhaps even less so in a medium like this.

Nicely put on both levels, man. Thoughts and prayers are with E and his family. He was a classy guy to post with, gave some of the best analysis on the board, and as much as anyone really contributed to the great environment on this board. He was missed during the brief hiatus he took last year.

-Tony

awesome -- which one of us sent the note to Granderson's agent suggesting that????

:wink:

I am going to Saturday's game against the Sox. Fellow MotownSports.com member mancity09 will be with me.

I want to get together with some fellow members before the game. Or after. Or both. I need to commiserate and grieve. To anybody who will be in Detroit on Saturday, let's arrange something.

I didn't plan on going to this game, but I may now...

Check the comments section on Brian's page...

so, is it official, Curtis Granderson -- greatest Tiger ever????

Not sure yet, but he just jumped over a hell of a whole lot of others.

I dont know about that, but Grandy just went up quite a few notches in my book. Quite a gesture.

wow. i'm speachless. i lurk far more than i post, and i always enjoyed and respected his posts. God bless you, brian. you will indeed be missed... :cry:

RIP Brian. You were one of the handful of posters I really respected on this site, and I will miss reading your insight. God bless your family & friends.

Wonderful!!!

He'd be delighted I'm sure.

Brian promoted Granderson from the day he was drafted. He's up there smiling over this one for sure.

Impressive gesture by Grandy. Nice job on getting that done. I'm sure he'd have loved that.

Now whenever I see the Arcade I think of him playing it at 4:00 am this morning.

I feel exactly what you're feeling Oblong. I remember repeatedly glancing at the "Your Favorites" page late last night to see if some other addicted gamer was playing, and sure enough he was there.

I never got to meet him or talk to him much, but he was one of the posters I enjoyed reading. I can't say anything but my prayers are with his family right now.

Wow...I just read through this thread hoping that Estrepe would be alright. You see, as you can tell, I have not posted here very often, but I promise you I read daily and one of the people I would go read what he had to say was Estrepe. I enjoyed reading his posts about sports and in particular the Tigers. I pray this was all a cruel joke, but at this point, I just send my prayers to Brian's family and hope they are doing well and may Brian rest in peace.

This site will never be the same with the tragic loss of Estrepe. A good friend to many of you and a pleasure for me to have encountered on this board.

Excellent gesture by Curtis Granderson

Horrible feeling and I did not know him or speak with him. I just remember fondly reading his posts and seeing that VT logo....was one of the avatars that stood out for me and I thought was cool. I am sick just looking at his myspace and sister's myspace. From all accounts, he was a great guy and a class act to everybody. What a shame.

This is where sports can help, even just a tiny bit. Let's hope the Tigers can win it this year for Brian & and provide a moment of happiness for his family knowing Brian is smiling up there enjoying it.

Wow. That's about all I can say. Wow. Even though I've only been visiting here a few months, it just hits you like a brick in the stomach.

God bless.

It's a worn and tired cliche, but on a day like this it becomes brutally clear. We are a family here at MotownSports. More than we'd probably like to admit it otherwise.