Ranger

Brian Bluhm (estrepe1)

This was posted by Brian in today's game thread. It's a 4 minute 30 seconds youtube video commemorating estrepe.

eBgSEvMccgE

I am so glad to hear that so many people still remember what happened to Brian and take the time to talk about him. I am sure he will be cheering Justin on to a win tonight.

I think of brian everytime I walk into Huey's man cave and the picture of the glass with the Old Englih D with a candle in it that he took to the ball park the night after we heard about Brian's death.

4524533753_b5fbe06e61_z.jpg

Didn't get a chance to log in yesterday, but thank you all for keeping Brian's memory alive! I never was involved with MTS until after Brian's death, which is unfortunate, because we both loved baseball and talked it a lot (though we didn't share similar favorite teams...at the time). Yet I feel more enriched having joined, because I see regularly how close knit this community is. Angela and I owe a great debt of gratitude to you all for your love and support. While you guys probably feel blessed to have known Brian through this forum, Brian was just as blessed to have gotten to know you all.

Thank you all! Cheers! Go Tigers!

A friend wrote something about death recently that brought me back here. The belief by some Native American tribes that a person dies twice in life. The first is the physical death; the passing of the body. The second death is when all those who knew and remembered you also pass; the death of the memory of the individual.

Brian lives on to many in this forum.

Sending my prayers for Brian on his birthday today, along with his wonderful family.

We miss you!

Calvin-and-Hobbes.gif

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

I had an opportunity to thank Granderson on behalf of MTS on Thursday night after Game Four for all that he has done to remember Brian. It was the best part of the evening for me.

Hopefully we win the Series for you, buddy.

I had an opportunity to thank Granderson on behalf of MTS on Thursday night after Game Four for all that he has done to remember Brian. It was the best part of the evening for me.

Hopefully we win the Series for you, buddy.

And you have my thanks. I recall Curtis as quite personable and certainly one not to let his status overcome his humility.

As bittersweet as it is to have another Opening Day without Brian, I remember the great times I shared with him, his sister, and his parents the few years I got to spend with him. Every year I do a fantasy baseball draft, I think of Brian helping me through my first. Brian, I thank you for the education, and we're always thinking of you!

Missing Brian today, but we're forever thankful for the love and support from this community. The senseless violence in Boston yesterday just reminded us how short our time is on this earth, that we should love each other, love our neighbors. Brian, we hope you are enjoying tonight's game in Seattle. Miss you!

Missing Brian today, but we're forever thankful for the love and support from this community. The senseless violence in Boston yesterday just reminded us how short our time is on this earth, that we should love each other, love our neighbors. Brian, we hope you are enjoying tonight's game in Seattle. Miss you!

It seems like longer than 6 years to me...he's been gone from here for so long. It's never been the same without him. But, we're lucky to have known him at all.

Just a little estrepe / ballmich factoid on the 6th anniversary of his passing... We were born in the same hospital.

Sometimes I check the top 20 just to see where he ranks among top posters on the board. If you went based on posts, I don't think anyone enjoyed the MB more than Brian did. He's still No. 8. It was a weird feeling whwn I realized I had more posts than estrepe. Something tells me that, in spirit, he's nearing 100,000 about right now.

Back to pay my respects to Brian. RIP to my first online friend. You are remembered.

Happy Birthday, double B! We sure miss you around these parts.

Your man Sizemore got into six games with New York last year, netting five hits with a pair of doubles over 16 AB's.

His knees are giving him a lot of trouble lately however, and he was just cut from the New Orleans roster.

Edited by DaYooperASBDT

Strange...Brian was in a dream last night.

I walked past someone on a sidewalk...they smiled and waved.

I said to whomever it was I was walking with "he looked familiar", and another voice said "looks like Brian to me".

I turned back to find him, but he was gone...as was everyone but me.

Just remembered that from last night.