Ranger

Brian Bluhm (estrepe1)

Granderson changed his profile pic on Facebook to Brian's. Curtis is such a great guy. Brian is a great guy. Miss you on here!

3453699327_a99d5fc93d_z.jpg

The picture was taken two years ago on this date, but we spent a few moments there before going in to the game.

Yoda was the SP on this project and successfully pitched a complete game to have this tile placed at the entrance to Tigertown, Lakeland.

Edited by hueytaxi
removed extra r from entrance

Justin somehow I created a search of threads where Brian and I discussed the minors. I found we had exchanged more often than I recalled. You can go to the Detroit Forum or any of the others and click on last page. For the Tiger's Forum, that will take you back to 2002. I know there is a more selective way, I just can't remember how.

Thanks for the tip! I finally had a chance to do some digging and I did find I could get back to 2002 as well. Granted, it took me a few minutes and I won't remember how I did it, but at least I found some.

I'm glad I looked, too, because there were some interesting posts back then. Funny but unfortunate that quite a few players that were on people's Top 10 prospects never quite panned out, but I guess that's how baseball is.

Had many exchanges with Brian in which we hardly ever agreed, but, I did respect his firm stand in his convictions.

...something happened over the past weekend that I took inspiration from Brian and his death--

I have a daughter that goes to a Christian College in a city in which there is a huge military base. On the campus of this college was a young middle eastern man who was not a student, but, had found a way to ingrain himself into the student body mix and was actually living in one of the "common" rooms in a dorm -- for what reason, I do not konw. Long story short, some of the female students were becoming uncomfortable and feeling threatened. On Monday, this individual was arrested, removed from campus and put in jail. Myself and many other parents didn't want to "sit on the sidelines" and wait for another Virginia Tech -- Thanks to the experience that cost Brian his life, he may have saved hundreds of others, we never know, but, quite possibly his death has saved others this week !!!!

Thanks Brian, your life was an example for us to follow! Rest in Peace!

Had many exchanges with Brian in which we hardly ever agreed, but, I did respect his firm stand in his convictions.

...something happened over the past weekend that I took inspiration from Brian and his death--

I have a daughter that goes to a Christian College in a city in which there is a huge military base. On the campus of this college was a young middle eastern man who was not a student, but, had found a way to ingrain himself into the student body mix and was actually living in one of the "common" rooms in a dorm -- for what reason, I do not konw. Long story short, some of the female students were becoming uncomfortable and feeling threatened. On Monday, this individual was arrested, removed from campus and put in jail. Myself and many other parents didn't want to "sit on the sidelines" and wait for another Virginia Tech -- Thanks to the experience that cost Brian his life, he may have saved hundreds of others, we never know, but, quite possibly his death has saved others this week !!!!

Thanks Brian, your life was an example for us to follow! Rest in Peace!

I'm confused...did the parents call the police on this guy? Also, what was he put in jail for?

Hello Brian, your man Sizemore did pretty good tonight against Sabathia.

If you look back, he also had Rhymes as an AAT the year before. Interestingly, both went to school in the Commonwealth. Near enough, as well (Rhymes at William & Mary in Williamsburg, Sizemore at VCU in Richmond).

It was a pleasure to meet you jj04, sorry I didn't make my way down to meet your wife. Hope you guys had a great time tonight.

It was a pleasure to meet you jj04, sorry I didn't make my way down to meet your wife. Hope you guys had a great time tonight.

5753045393_6402734094_z.jpg

5753045393_6402734094_z.jpg

I'm the dork holding the bat. That gum came in handy on the way back from FL. The bat, too. :wink:

Great to meet you guys! We'll have to do it again.

Fun night, good people......forever another two friends! So nice to meet Morons. Even nicer when there is history of our forum involved. It would have been easy to share a few tears, yet the evening kept our focus on the present.

No images in this tribute to your birthday. You don't need enhancement for you have become our icon of the MTS fan. Never a game passes without a remembrance and thoughts of you, JJ and Bunny. 30 is a good year!.

Happy Birthday, Brian! We miss you and wish you were here!

5 years later and it's still such a shock.
Amen. It brought so many of us closer together as we lost him. Thanks to all of the Morons who arranged the stadium memorials for Brian.

Praying for Angela and her fam today. I can't help but wish it didn't take tragedies like this for us to realize the blessing of friends, but I'm thankful for those here I've gotten to know better in the years that have followed.

Source

On Virginia Tech anniversary, Granderson remembers a fan

By Danny Knobler | Baseball Insider

Brian Bluhm was a lot like you.

He loved baseball. He loved talking about baseball. He followed his favorite team and his favorite players, and if there was a chat on the internet, he took part.

He was a Tiger fan, and he was a Curtis Granderson fan. Five years ago, when Bluhm was one of the victims in the Virginia Tech shooting, Granderson was still the Tigers center fielder.

In the hours after the shooting, I heard Bluhm's story from other Tiger fans who knew him through chats and posts on the web. I covered the Tigers then for Booth Newspapers, and I remembered Brian from the intelligent questions he would ask.

Granderson heard about him, too.

Like me, and like so many of Brian's Tiger friends from the internet, Granderson never met Bluhm in person. Like me, and like so many others, he remembered Bluhm through emails.

In the years since, Granderson has met Bluhm's family, and has worked to keep Bluhm's memory alive.

Monday morning, on the fifth anniversary of the shooting, Granderson posted Bluhm's picture on his Twitter account. He announced that he'll remember Bluhm with a special pair of cleats and a wristband that he'll wear in Monday night's game against the Twins.

It's easy to think that players don't notice their fans, or that they don't care.

Granderson notices. He does care.

It's too bad that Brian Bluhm isn't still here to see it.

I am so glad to hear that so many people still remember what happened to Brian and take the time to talk about him. I am sure he will be cheering Justin on to a win tonight.

I think of brian everytime I walk into Huey's man cave and the picture of the glass with the Old Englih D with a candle in it that he took to the ball park the night after we heard about Brian's death.