Ranger

Brian Bluhm (estrepe1)

I have sent Brians sister's myspace page a message just to let her know that he meant alot to all of us here, and that his entire family is in our thoughts and prayers.

I am stunned. Though we never talked in person, I always read and respected his thoughts about baseball. This tragedy, as horrible as it is, suddenly became very personal.

We hooked each other up with some pretty good music over the years. We even talked about trying to meet up at Bonnaroo.

This is sick.

Terrible news.

I wish I could think of something to say about Brian, but words aren't coming right now. I didn't participate on this forum nearly as much as some of you here, but I still got the feeling that I "knew" him from reading his posts.

This hits so close to home. A student, close to graduating, with so much ahead of him taken away in a senseless tragedy. I just can't describe how this effects me.

I'm still in denial at the moment. I never met him but he was one of the few people I talked to outside of he board. I wish I got a chance to meet him. He was so intelligent and had so much perspective and was a great person as well. We go back a long way. I knew him before I came here as we used to talk on the AOL boards all the time. We agreed on almost every topic and he was my favorite poster. It won't be at all the same around here without him. I can't imagine what his family is going through right now. They are in my prayers.

From opposite ends of the fan base, we have shared our personal thoughts. Let this not be true.

How can I feel this bad over somebody I've never spoken to in my life?

When Billy Ringo died, this was the first thing that I thought. I asked myself this question all day today. In the end Bruce and Brian will mean more to us than most of the people that we will meet in our lifetimes. We were able to spend time with these people talking about the Tigers or other parts of life. We had positive and negative moments. Even though they were only electronic to most of us, they were friends.

Estrepe1 was here just about every day. He always was friendly, he always was rational. He was such a nice guy.

I've only been posting at Motown Sports for about one year, but after all we've gone through, two deaths and a pennant winning season, I feel like we're a family, even though I've never met any of you.

I'm still in disbelief. Rest in peace, Brian.

I have no words that can adequately express the amount of loss that im sure his family is feeling right now.

Wasn't he also a poster on John Sickels' website? Should someone mention this news to them? I think I still have an account over there if you guys think it would be a good idea, i'm not sure.

I was thinking about that too. I know he participated quite a bit on that site.

RIP Brian, though we never met it was so easy to share knowledge and respect your point of view. To young, not fair!!! We will miss you...you were the conscience of these boards. So tragic, I'm speechless..

oh man.

I go back to the good old days of the ESPN boards with Estrepe. We were never particularly close, but he's been in the same little corners of the internet as i have for the better part of a decade. Every day, talking with the same people, about the same stuff, for 8 years.

I'm sure a great guy like Brian left behind a lot of great friends and family who are probably crushed right now.

And so am I.

We need to get together and toast Brian.

I'd be up for that.

I never really conversed with him much, but he was one of my favorite posters on here.

I don't even know what to say. I have so much homework to do but there's no way I'm gonna be able to focus on any of it tonight.

We could agree on everything, or disagree on everything. Either way I always took the time to stop and read his posts. I will miss that. My heart is beating rapidly every time I open 1 of these 3 threads.

Really important to pray for his family. Appears he and his sister were close.

I went through something like this about ten years ago when I was teaching at Whitworth. One of my students had a younger brother who was killed in a school shooting at Moses Lake, WA high School by a kid who just went off. A smaller scale version of this tragedy. My student was never the same after that. She took some time off and then tried to come back to school and it was just too hard. Her whole family, who were very close and strong in their faith, were devastated. I am still affected by the memories of it.

We really cannot pray too much for Brian's family. They have barely begun a very difficult journey.

Wow. This thread hit me like a ton of bricks. This board will not be the same after today without Brian. I've never talked to the guy, chatted with him online, or anything like that, but I've read his posts and he seemed like a bright young man with a world of promise ahead of him. I don't really even know what else to say. Maybe we should have a moment of virtual silence for him. Something where no one makes a post at a certain time or something. I also like the idea of sending an e-mail to Dickerson and Price about this.

MCS, when I first saw your avatar (and only saw the "VT"), I thought it was finally Estrepe checking in and telling us that all was well.

Somehow it makes me feel better to know that Bruce is there with him. Probably doesn't make much sense, but its reassuring to me, can't really explain it.

This is so unbelievably sad...Such an intelligent person and knowledgeable fan. This place won't be the same without him, I learned a lot about the Tigers farm system and always enjoyed reading about his perspective on the Tigers. My prayers to Brian and his family... I still can't believe this.