Ranger

Brian Bluhm (estrepe1)

Brian Bluhm, aka estrepe1, was one of the 32 killed in the shootings today. I really hope I received false information but I don't think I did. I was friends with Brian on Facebook and messaged one of his friends who sent me this message as a reply.

"Hello thank you for contacting me. I have heard from someone that talked to his brother-in-law that Brian was inside Norris Hall and was killed this afternoon. We are all greiving the loss of his because he was such a nice and kind guy. Thank you for thinking about him and please keep his family and the rest of us here at Tech in your prayers."

Brian was easily the most likable poster here. Such a damn shame to have someone as smart and brilliant as he taken.

For ****'s sake let this not be true.

I've always been fond of the guy, and for the last year or so I've talked with him regularly on instant messenger about Tigers baseball and life in general, sometimes long into the night. Just a hell of a guy. Smart as a tack and he never wavered from his convictions, even for a simple pleasure like baseball. I love the guy. I count him as a good friend even though I've never spoken to him or met him.

I won't believe it. I can't right now.

My heart sunk so deeply when I checked his Facebook page about 30 minutes ago. I never really interacted with you too much around here, Brian, but you were one of the posters whose posts I would always stop and read.

You and your family and your classmates are all in my prayers.

I'm not going to believe it either. I won't sleep tonight. I didn't even enjoy the game tonight. I just sat there in the stands thinking about him.

How can I feel this bad over somebody I've never spoken to in my life?

I feel the exact same way. I've never spoken in person to him, but I'm absolutely heart-broken.

RIP.

I'm not going to believe it either. I won't sleep tonight. I didn't even enjoy the game tonight. I just sat there in the stands thinking about him.

I know what you mean. I feel like I know him. I kind of feel like I know a lot of people here, even though I haven't met them.

Me too. I never even spoke to him on here, but he was "one of us". It definitely touches home, and i'm sick to my stomach right now.

I wish I could have been around more in the past few months, but my job has taken me away... I just wished I could have talked more. Who knew this would happen? Though we've never met, and though we haven't talked much of late, he was always good to talk baseball and life with.

To think that I'll never be able to talk with him, or even meet him one day, is something that I regret. Nevertheless, his family is in my prayers. And so is he.

I've never met him, but I feel like I have lost a brother. This is just too sad.

I am not exaggerating at all when I say he was my favorite Tiger poster.

Not to be silly about this or anything because I'm not sure if it's proper but if this news is true we should let someone at the Tigers know. I don't know, maybe Dickerson. Just let them know a passionate fan may have been one of the victims.

I hate this. I feel rotten because it takes someone you "know" to make you feel as rotten as you do when something like this happens. Even if our prayers are answered then it just means someone elses were not.

I think the Motown get-together at the upcoming Whitecaps game in May has just gotten all the more meaningful.

I am crushed. Like many, I have never met Brian. But I remember him posting messages on the espn.com boards back in 1999/2000. I remember seeing him post on various message boards. He was also one of the first people to welcome me to motownsports. I chatted with him once in the chat room, and he politely answered some questions I had about baseball, etc.

I will miss you, Brian.

i can barely type right now.

I am totally gutted. I just feel hollow right now. I was pretty brave all day until five minutes ago when I just wilted into the arms of my wife, sobbing.

I genuinely loved the guy.

I am holding out hope that this is a huge misunderstanding.

I have been a lurker on the site for several years now, and I always read estrepe's posts because I respected his opinion and knowledge of the game. He always maintained a level head in his posts, and I always respected that. My thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends.

I didn't even know Brian, and I'm in shock. My brain is numb. Please pray for Brian's family in this unimaginably difficult time.

Rest in peace.

Wasn't he also a poster on John Sickels' website? Should someone mention this news to them? I think I still have an account over there if you guys think it would be a good idea, i'm not sure.