Zakk_Wylde

Joe Louis parking

Where's the best place to park for games at Joe Louis? What can I expect to pay for decent parking for the playoffs?

not at the joe louis arena parking garage.. park somewhere off site near a people mover station and take it to the arena

not at the joe louis arena parking garage.. park somewhere off site near a people mover station and take it to the arena

Why is that? Is there a big bottleneck getting out of there?

Why is that? Is there a big bottleneck getting out of there?

yeah i was once stuck there til 2 after a concert got out at 11

There is a new parking garage that I have been using when going downtown, it is next to the Detroiter Bar and has been either $5 or $10 depending on what is happening downtown. From that garage you can get on the people mover at Bricktown station or Greektown station, both are close. You'll love it after the game as 75 is just a few blocks away and it will be smooth sailing on your way home.

There is a new parking garage that I have been using when going downtown, it is next to the Detroiter Bar and has been either $5 or $10 depending on what is happening downtown. From that garage you can get on the people mover at Bricktown station or Greektown station, both are close. You'll love it after the game as 75 is just a few blocks away and it will be smooth sailing on your way home.

If you can't get into the garage, there are also surface lots just south of the bar. As said above, avoid the JLA garage at all costs. It's like a roach motel, you can get in, but you'll never get out!

fort & 2 ave (entrance on 2 ave.). turn right leaving, turn right on congress, you're on the freeway. $10.