FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

The Kinks. I love that they are like a mashup of the Beatles and Nirvana.

The Beatles should never me mentioned in a sentence that includes the word "mashup" and a band like Nirvana....Luv the Kinks though, but seriously not close to the "Fab 4" ....Ray Davies is great in his own right though.

The Beatles should never me mentioned in a sentence that includes the word "mashup" and a band like Nirvana....Luv the Kinks though, but seriously not close to the "Fab 4" ....Ray Davies is great in his own right though.

Who said they were close? You infer as badly as you puncuate. ;^)

If you didn't know that there was actually good country music still being played today, well there is. Turn off the radio artists and turn on the independent country artists. I know I've hyped this guy up here before, but the man cannot get enough good press. Jason Isbell is not only the top indie-country artist out there today but his music can't be touched by almost every mainstream artist IMO. The guy's music exceeds the hype for sure.

Jason Isbell

Recommended Tracks . . .

Edited by Mr.TaterSalad

I am listening to a compilation of the Bud Light's 'Real Men of Genius' on youtube.

I used to have all of those on CD. And the Onion News Radio Report. Funny ****.

One of the Onion ones that stayed with me was about how a man's life was temporarily brightened by a new pen he bought. Then he sunk back down into his crippling depression. Something like that.

Edited by Antrat

Starting Dec. 24th, you will finally be able to stream The Beatles.

The Beatles

The nine sites are:

Apple Music, Deezer, Google Play, Microsoft Groove, Amazon Prime, Rhapsody, Spotify, Slacker, and Tidal.

Watching The Man In The High Castle now. This show rocks.

EDIT: oops

Edited by Antrat

One of my favorite Christmas songs, Christmas In Prison by John Prine. Prine is right up there with Dylan in-terms of songwriting prowess.

tk4ek0OhbE4

I am listening to my heart beating very loudly and much faster than usual - and it wouldn't bother me so much if it didn't come with that shooting pain in my shoulder. I think I'll drown it out with some Iggy.

cover.jpg

Great new country album from Indie-country group Green River Ordinance. I listen to very little of this mainstream crap and always love discovering new country/bluegrass/americana artists. If you aren't into mainstream drivel you should check out Green River Oridnance's new album.

On February 5, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Mr.TaterSalad said:

cover.jpg

Great new country album from Indie-country group Green River Ordinance. I listen to very little of this mainstream **** and always love discovering new country/bluegrass/americana artists. If you aren't into mainstream drivel you should check out Green River Oridnance's new album.

These guys are good friends of my daughter.   Super nice humans as well as talented musicians.  Stinks that billboard wouldn't put them on their country chart.  

I've been listening to indie-country/americana, singer/songwriter David Cobb's new compilation album Southern Family. . .

southern-family.jpg

I saw a mention about this album when I was looking for information on the Birthplace of Country Music Museum in Bristol, Va. May have to check it out.

BTW I'm looking forward to watching a taping of Bluegrass Underground 4/2. The tape the show in a cavern near McMinnville, TN. Looks like a pretty good lineup.

21 hours ago, Melody said:

These guys are good friends of my daughter.   Super nice humans as well as talented musicians.  Stinks that billboard wouldn't put them on their country chart.  

Well I'm glad to hear that your daughter hangs around with people who have exceptional musical taste!

There music is part of a rapidly growing underground country/roots/americana genre. If radio and had any stones and wasn't just a corporate spin machine artists like Green River would get airplay. But sadly, the corporate radio machine won't allow for this and so these guys and so many like them are stuck to touring small venues and having their music streamed on Spotify, Google Music, Apple Play, etc. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I'd love to see them break it big once in a while and influence the mainstream drivel we hear today. 

If they ever come up here to Michigan I'd for sure go and see them. I make it a point to see indy/underground country/roots/americana artists when they're in town.