FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

Now Led Zeppelin III

I like the first half of this album. It really falls off the table after that.

Speaking of Led Zeppelin, this came up on my news feed earlier this week when my daughter "liked" it. A new Rival Sons video was recently released, but what I found interesting was to learn that Jimmy Page is a fan!

Zeppelin-approved Rival Sons debut scuzzy new video | EW.com

Grooveshark is no more

Grooveshark

message.png

Your pic didn't work, but that was the most interesting thing I read on the internet today.

Your pic didn't work, but that was the most interesting thing I read on the internet today.

yeah, they really did flame out quick. Their final statement is the kind of thing you say when you know the music industry is about to bring DEVGRU and Delta Force down on you.

yeah, they really did flame out quick. Their final statement is the kind of thing you say when you know the music industry is about to bring DEVGRU and Delta Force down on you.

it read like their onions were in a vice

Prolly shoulda went to see him play sometime.

BB King in hospice care at home - Telegraph

We went to see him a number of years ago - pretty good show - great show, except his brother, who announced the show (maybe his manager also?), was so over the top it drove everybody crazy. He basically screamed this whole "BBBBB.BBBBB. KKKKKing!" speil before almost every number. Nutzy. And so totally wrong for a blues setting anyway.

Prolly shoulda went to see him play sometime.

BB King in hospice care at home - Telegraph

Yeah. Pretty sad about this as I've been a fan for a very long time. And sad for his family because of the bitterness. I don't think the daughter understands what "hospice," means. I've seen this kind of thing many times.

BB King - Live in Cook County Jail.

RIP.

IMO, if you need one album to listen to in tribute of a really kick *** musician, this is the one you need to check out. So great. I love the interplay with the convicts too.

Edited by pfife

a widget where when you pressed it, it just automatically started shuffling a playlist in google music. That would be nifty

Jimmy Smith's Cool Blues album just shuffled up. So good.

That's the coolest thing about how enormous my husband's music collection is. When we set it to shuffle, we hear stuff we forgot we had.

Adam's Castle - Unearthed and Unmixed.

Prior: Adam's Castle - One Year

At Rush concert in Manassas, Va...lots of newer stuff I don't give a fig for.waiting for 2112 or 2113

Saw one of their stickers on a baritone case at band rehearsal last night. Forgot all about these guys..

Listening to my favorite announcer in sports TV, Doc Emerick, call a Stanley Cup game.

I've seriously turned on random hockey games just to hear him call them.

Grateful Dead - Dick's Picks Volume 02

Jerry Garcia ftw. My most favorite guitarist.

I went and saw the movie "Love & Mercy" which is the story of Brian Wilson's nervous breakdown, the making of Pet Sounds and then 20 years later his breaking loose from the grip of Dr. Eugene Landy. It's a very well done movie. Two actors played Wilson - Paul Dano as the 60's Brian and John Cusack as the 80's Brian. Its very well done. Interesting take on the guy. I was always fascinated by the guy's story. I knew he was a musical genius, and that he had serious mental health issues, but I never realized the mental illness was part of the genius. This guy always hears sounds and voices and some of it he was able to make into music. But I have been listening to Pet Sounds a lot lately and it's truly amazing......even today, but to think in 1966 the way records were made. that Brian would have the balls to do what he did, it's awe-inspiring, actually. He's awfully lucky he was given the rope to do it...........a lot of artists would never have been given the chance, and most people didn't understand what he was doing then, the musicians did. He worked with The Wrecking Crew and they looked at his charts and thought he was out of his mind (well, he was), but they thought it wouldn't work, but went along and played it and they were just absolutely blown away at what this 24 year old kid was doing. Without Pet Sounds, there would never have been a Sgt. Pepper...........the Beatles were in a friendly rivalry with the Beach Boys......Brian heard Rubber Soul and said I have to one up this, the Beatles heard Pet Sounds and said the same thing. That might have continued a little longer had Brian been able to complete the Smile album the way he wanted to, but he was losing his grip and the sessions were taken away from him and were not really put together his way until 2004, and by then the tricks he used had been used by others for 30+ years. I wish I had a turntable to listen to Pet Sounds on, I bet it would be even better.

I read this today and chuckled. There is a lot of extremity soaping for this band and I don't get it. They have some decent songs and Grohl is a riot but come on.....

Foo Fighters are a band for people who want to listen to “rock music” but only have an FM radio and an IQ of less than 75. They are the musical equivalent of the politician who will say whatever people want to hear to get elected. Foo Fighters are the Mitt Romney of rock music.

I went and saw the movie "Love & Mercy" which is the story of Brian Wilson's nervous breakdown, the making of Pet Sounds and then 20 years later his breaking loose from the grip of Dr. Eugene Landy. It's a very well done movie. Two actors played Wilson - Paul Dano as the 60's Brian and John Cusack as the 80's Brian. Its very well done. Interesting take on the guy. I was always fascinated by the guy's story. I knew he was a musical genius, and that he had serious mental health issues, but I never realized the mental illness was part of the genius. This guy always hears sounds and voices and some of it he was able to make into music. But I have been listening to Pet Sounds a lot lately and it's truly amazing......even today, but to think in 1966 the way records were made. that Brian would have the balls to do what he did, it's awe-inspiring, actually. He's awfully lucky he was given the rope to do it...........a lot of artists would never have been given the chance, and most people didn't understand what he was doing then, the musicians did. He worked with The Wrecking Crew and they looked at his charts and thought he was out of his mind (well, he was), but they thought it wouldn't work, but went along and played it and they were just absolutely blown away at what this 24 year old kid was doing. Without Pet Sounds, there would never have been a Sgt. Pepper...........the Beatles were in a friendly rivalry with the Beach Boys......Brian heard Rubber Soul and said I have to one up this, the Beatles heard Pet Sounds and said the same thing. That might have continued a little longer had Brian been able to complete the Smile album the way he wanted to, but he was losing his grip and the sessions were taken away from him and were not really put together his way until 2004, and by then the tricks he used had been used by others for 30+ years. I wish I had a turntable to listen to Pet Sounds on, I bet it would be even better.

My older sister got one of the 1st copies of Smiley Smile in 60-whatever. Even as it was released it was pretty much like listening to something from another planet then.