FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

27 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

I've seen Polka Floyd in concert.

Their live concerts on YouTube look like lots of fun!  

Indeed. They played at a nearby bar/pizza place called Village Idiot, and I went with my brother. They host a lot of quirky acoustic shows.

11 hours ago, Tigertown Rats said:

I've seen Polka Floyd in concert.

Thanks for the invite.

Springsteen released this yesterday on his 71st birthday, in advance of  next month's album release. Really takes advantage of the E Street Band, almost sounds live,  hints at songs from the Tracks II-Ties That Bind-Promise era.

AC/DC is back with a new song and album coming. And yes, Brian Johnson is back as well. 

It's crazy that 40 years later, they still sound exactly like they did in 1980. 

6 minutes ago, Yoda said:

AC/DC is back with a new song and album coming. And yes, Brian Johnson is back as well. 

It's crazy that 40 years later, they still sound exactly like they did in 1980. 

I was reading an EVH interview in Rolling Stone and, in a complimentary way, he said AC/DC has one song.... but it's a very good song.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Oblong said:

I was reading an EVH interview in Rolling Stone and, in a complimentary way, he said AC/DC has one song.... but it's a very good song.

I get that sentiment but it's really not true. They've had one song since 1982 for sure but their albums all the way up through Black in Black had a lot more going on than the three chords they are accused of. Guitarists love to try to simply their riffs by adding way too much distortion but the truth of the matter is they used very little gain and instead used volume, skill and attitude. For a non-guitarist that might not make sense but Malcom and Angus are absolute beasts.

That said, any guitarist who has tried to play songs like "Beatin Around the Bush" or even "Whole Lotta Rosie" (accurately) have been humbled.

In conclusion, they have definitely had one drum beat!

This is pure attitude (link starts at 2:47). Listen to that solo. One note repeated and yet it is so freakin powerful. Yngwie couldn't do that with 1000 notes.

I feel like Yngwie always gets dogged on. 

He is a shredder, I love his stuff.  I love how he mixes classical with the guitar and just shreds the **** out of it.

I am a big fan of ACDC as well so I appreciate the different variations, but I feel like anytime someone starts talking guitarists his name always gets added and most of the time not in a flattering way.

24 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

I feel like Yngwie always gets dogged on. I feel like anytime someone starts talking guitarists his name always gets added and most of the time not in a flattering way.

7 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

That is great....even funnier is that I had that VHS back in the day and watched it MANY times.

2 hours ago, John_Brian_K said:

That is great....even funnier is that I had that VHS back in the day and watched it MANY times.

He spent a lot of time on YouTube finding this video that numerous people had uploaded so that he could demand YT take it down. It disappeared for the longest time. At present there is only one version that is titled with easy-to-find keywords so I don't know if he gave up or was arrogant enough to think that he finally won the battle and hasn't checked back.

So basically what you are saying is that Yngwie thinks Yngwies **** smells not only like roses, but the dawn of man AND roses?

I'm embarrassed to admit that it took me until recently to discover Ritchie Kotzen. I always thought "oh he's that other Poison guitarist". Well, I was wrong.