FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

I have listened to the new Taylor Swift more times than I should probably admit... I even have it on right now!

The Weeknds Blinding Lights

Heard it on comcasts music channel last week and fell in love with the song...had a huge 80's feel to me just updated and I loved it.

I had heard of him before, but had no idea what genre he was or any of his music.  

19 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

The Weeknds Blinding Lights

Heard it on comcasts music channel last week and fell in love with the song...had a huge 80's feel to me just updated and I loved it.

I had heard of him before, but had no idea what genre he was or any of his music.  

It's practically the theme song of TikTok, the background music for hundreds of thousands of clips. I had no idea it was a real full song until I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago.

49 minutes ago, Tigertown Rats said:

I have listened to the new Taylor Swift more times than I should probably admit... I even have it on right now!

I am intrigued by the reviews. Will listen to it this week.  Ironically, my now 14 year old daughter - with whom I went to a Taylor Swift concert four years ago, my daughter's first concert - has moved on from Taylor.

A bit of a throwback....a favorite from my days in high school pep band.

Cannonball and Nat Adderley. Nat’s cornet solo is great

37 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

It's practically the theme song of TikTok, the background music for hundreds of thousands of clips. I had no idea it was a real full song until I heard it on the radio a few weeks ago.

huh...no real idea what tiktok is really...I have read some stuff about it being a Chinese app that is basically stealing kids info etc, but that is about all I know...assuming it is some kind of photo/video sharing site?

34 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

I am intrigued by the reviews. Will listen to it this week.  Ironically, my now 14 year old daughter - with whom I went to a Taylor Swift concert four years ago, my daughter's first concert - has moved on from Taylor.

It's definitely more of an alt/indie album than pop. I'm not a huge Bon Iver fan, but that collab really works.

58 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

huh...no real idea what tiktok is really...I have read some stuff about it being a Chinese app that is basically stealing kids info etc, but that is about all I know...assuming it is some kind of photo/video sharing site?

Vine, but with music. 

edit: more specifically, an app where narcissists seek the attention of strangers by posting selfie videos every day under the guise of "I like to make people laugh he he."

well the good news is that YouTube music seems pretty cool.    The bad news is everything else in the world ******* sucks. 

Well no ****.... I found pro shot video of the song and performance I was referring to.... I started it near the middle before he gets going.... cool shirt by John and my friend told that's a very fine Paul Reed Smith guitar.

Caroline Spence has a killer soft and smooth country/folk kinda voice. Her song All The Beds I've Made is an absolute gem!

I had written this band off a long time ago as "dad rock". The studio stuff was too polished for my tastes and I watched a live video where their on stage enthusiasm seemed to be fake and/or choreographed.

I gave them another shot and just listened in ear buds and found that I really enjoyed it. Good guitar tones and lots of energy.

Color me surprised and happy that I gave them another chance.

That made me think of what Bill Burr talked about last week...

I think this girl has such a beautiful voice. I was supposed to see her here in LA in March but Corona hit. Her newest album is fantastic. 

I am devastated to learn of the passing of Americana/Roots/Alt-Country singer/songwriter Justin Townes Earle, the son of the legendary Steve Earle. He was only 38 years old too. This sucks big ******* time!

It looks like Justin Townes Earle died of a drug overdose according to police reports. It's sad to see when anyone isn't able to overcome their issues with addiction. This one just so happens to be the loss of a human being who was a heckuva singer and songwriter.

This song has been in my head all morning while watching Hurricane coverage.. "Straight down the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico.... to Lake Charles Louisiana... a little Bessie girl I once knew...."

1 hour ago, Oblong said:

This song has been in my head all morning while watching Hurricane coverage.. "Straight down the Mississippi River to the Gulf of Mexico.... to Lake Charles Louisiana... a little Bessie girl I once knew...."

Such a great song.

More amusing than it should be. 

I admit we are crazy.  Stir crazy with Covid and all the fun stuff cancelled.  So we've been doing at-home events with just us and the dog, sometimes my mom who is in her 80s.   Currently planning a Covid Oktoberfest.  Grill brats, make German Potato Salad, drink imported beer.   Swear to god, paid $90 to have a custom dirndl made by a seamstress for the bulldog.  (Mine was cheaper and off the rack.). Anyway, my husband has been putting together a setlist for the music to stream through our bluetooth Bose speaker.  This one is just the funniest thing ever.

Though, a search of Polka Floyd gets some funny stuff as well.  

2020 has sucked.  But we are sure accumulating a fun photo album anyway.

• Like 1