FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

3 hours ago, ROMAD1 said:

For some reason today is Faith No More Angel Dust

Faith No More.  A nostalgic story hopefully not too boring or pointless (probably pointless, but I just want to type it out to remember it better)

1989 Epic came out.  I was 12.  Watching that video with my now deceased brother, who was 6 years older than me at the time.  Pretty sure we were in our shared bedroom (there would have been 3 of us living in it at the time).

I remember seeing it on MTV, vividly.  For some reason, 12 year old me really thought it was some kind of joke.  I looked at my brother after it was over and said "Was that a joke?"  He did not say anything.  Thinking back on it now he may have been high or something and it really spoke to him...I have no idea.  He had a big drug problem back then that the family was dealing with.

Whenever I hear Faith No More I immediately think of that song and that brief moment in time.

58 minutes ago, John_Brian_K said:

Whenever I hear Faith No More I immediately think of that song and that brief moment in time.

I always think of a flopping fish. So there's that.

I saw Faith No More open for Robert Plant in 1990.... they started singing "easy like Sunday morning" and the Nestle quick song.... they got booed.  He says "We're singing one more song whether you ******* like it or not"

6 hours ago, Oblong said:

I saw Faith No More open for Robert Plant in 1990.... they started singing "easy like Sunday morning" and the Nestle quick song.... they got booed.  He says "We're singing one more song whether you ******* like it or not"

Nestle Quick song?(!?!)

2 hours ago, Gehringer_2 said:

Nestle Quick song?(!?!)

Yes.  It’s a thing for them 

11 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Yes.  It’s a thing for them 

That was a cruel post Obs - I am  never going be able to un-listen to that......

xD

If you enjoy the behind-the-scenes peek into music production, this is a guy whose channel you need to subscribe to. He really knows his stuff.

Yeah he’s good. His show on he death of rock music was pretty good. 

Yup. Been a fan of his channel for a year or two now. Lots of good stuff. 

18 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

You frankly undersold it.  Holy ****.

Shane Theriot, the guitarist, absolutely nails the parts. Plus the version of "For The Love Of Money" kills.

My favorite line was "Daryl has so much soul that he should have an afro".

14 minutes ago, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Yes, yes and yes.

Thank you for posting that.  Listening to it at work and I am loving it.

Look up Daryl's House with Cheap Trick. That one is great too.

This was making the rounds yesterday among all of my feeds.... it's remarkable.

• Thanks 2

That was awesome!  In many ways,  that song is the seminal work for jam music.     

49 minutes ago, Hongbit said:

That was awesome!  In many ways,  that song is the seminal work for jam music.     

I call it the perfect song....

Pretty much anybody halfway competent can do an inspiring rendition.  

Great story among the Grateful Dead... When they played it each member did a verse.  This was an encore one night and  Brent Mydland had the 2nd verse and it closes with the line "I got to go but my friends can stick around"... that was the last thing he sang on stage as he died of an overdose before their next show.

2 hours ago, Oblong said:

LOL Ringo. What key is it in?

Love The Weight, hate the rest of the Music from Big Pink album. I can't think of another album where there's such a big disconnect between my view of the album and that of popular and critical opinion. I feel like Copernicus.

23 hours ago, Oblong said:

You'd be amused.  On your mention I put on Seventh Son of a Seventh Son today while I worked.   So damn overwraught. 

• Like 1

Didn't realize Playing for Change were still putting out video's.  That's great.  Cool seeing Marcus King in there, he's heading to Detroit in December.

I was digging into the individual work of some of the Highwomen.  I've always heard of Brandi Carlile, but never really ever paid attention to her.  She's got quite a voice and love the song writing as well.  Kind of embarrassed that she's new to me.

Springsteen turns 70 today.  Bet he's glad he shelved this studio Dancing In The Dark video and released the one with Courtney Cox instead! He almost looks and acts like Justin Trudeau, minus the blackface.