Jump to content

FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

Recommended Posts

TOOL has finally released all of their music on streaming services. About 15 years too late but a step in the right direction. 

And every album simultaneously hit iTunes top 10. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's Under The Radar Radio is all Brit-Pop, including 4 tracks from the Pick Of The Week by Kaiser Chiefs (Leeds) called "Duck".   Also new tracks from both Gallagher brothers (Manchester), but not together, of course,  Idles (Bristol),  Ride (Oxford),  elbow (Manchester) and older faves from The Streets (Birmingham) The Charlatans (Cheshire), The Clash (London), The Jam (Surrey) and Stone Roses (Manchester)........plus more than that.     

Tea Time at 7.  You can have it iced, I won't tell

www.annarbors107one.com

www.thisisqmusic.com  (longer version, more songs).  

 

 

Then you can chill out with Sonic Bliss for 3 hours of non-stop Trip Hop, Dream Pop, Ambient and World Grooves - tonight featuring Bjork, Sigur Ros, Jeff Buckley,  Bebel Gilberto, Portishead, UNKLE, Red House Painters, Siouxsie Sioux and much, much more.   9 till Midnight - same stations.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 11:52 AM, Yoda said:

TOOL has finally released all of their music on streaming services. About 15 years too late but a step in the right direction. 

And every album simultaneously hit iTunes top 10. 

this meme made me think of this.... offering without any editorial perspective

 

67732825_10157233554686648_4311938661701648384_n.jpg

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under The Radar Radio #19-32
August 11, 2019  

Pick Of The Week
The Stooges - The Stooges (50th anniversary)

 

The%2BStooges.jpg

 

7pm

The Stooges - 1969
New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
*The 40 Acre Mule - Make Up Your Mind
Velvet Starlings - Kids In Doves
The Replacements - Color Me Impressed
Joe Jackson - Got The Time
The Hives - Good Samaritan
Ty Segall - Taste
Devo  - Uncontrollable Urge
Starcrawler - Bet My Brains
The Stooges - No Fun
Velvet Underground - I'm Waiting For The Man
Pixies - Catfish Kate
Bleached - Daydraem
Parquet Courts - Black And White
Imperial Teen - We Do What We Do Best

8pm

Iggy Pop - James Bond
Toy Dolls - James Bond (Lives Down Our Street)
Titus Andronicus - Just Like Ringing A Bell
Electric Six - Danger, High Voltage
*Fontaines DC - Boys In The Better Land
The Stooges - I Wanna Be Your Dog
The Raconteurs - Don't Bother Me
Husker Du - Pink Turns To Blue
The Ramones - Psycho Therapy
Ex-Hex - Radiate
*Idles - Mercedes Marxist
*Gang Of Four - To **** With Poverty
DIIV - Skin Game
Sex Pistols - EMI
P.J. Harvey - Dress
The Stooges - Real Cool Time
Sleater-Kinney - Can I Go On

 

*only on Non Commercial version of show

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Thank You Billie Eilish for ending the reign of terror of Old Town Road.     

 

 

DUH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First artist born in the 2000's with a #1 on that chart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Thank You Billie Eilish for ending the reign of terror of Old Town Road.     

 

 

Don't you talk ill of Lil Nas. That man is a genius. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughter is an avid long-time Billie Eilish fan. Has been listening to her since all the way back in the year 2017!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I was in Portland this weekend (!) and attended the "Max Weinberg's Jukebox" show, Max being the drummer of the E Street Band and formerly of Conan's Late Night. The concept is that Max and a few other sessions musicians from New Jersey, a couple of whom were strong on vocals as well, hand out sheets of paper upon entering with 200 songs on them.  Springsteen, Petty, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Ramones, The Beach Boys, The Animals, etc.  The crowd then calls out requests and Max's band ends up playing about 25 of those songs, with Max often dropping in anecdotes before the song if he knew the original band or songwriter personally. At one point Max wandered into the crowd to chat one on one about requests and in his temporary absence from stage Jim Wetherbee a 6-time Space Shuttle commander whom Max first met on a NASA tour back in '88, sat in on drums. It was that kind of night. So in some ways it's just a glorified pub act playing covers all night, but on the other hand Max has charisma, the other musicians seemed fairly talented, and the crowd of around 500 people enjoyed a good night of familiar songs in a relaxed atmosphere. $35,  2 miles away from our hotel. I probably wouldn't have paid much more than that or traveled much further than that, but glad I went. Max's drumming on I Can See For Miles was a highlight, IMO. I don't see the setlist from Portland posted, but here's one from San Francisco also last week to give you an idea.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/max-weinberg/2019/the-chapel-san-francisco-ca-539fe31d.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lordstanley said:

So I was in Portland this weekend (!) and attended the "Max Weinberg's Jukebox" show, Max being the drummer of the E Street Band and formerly of Conan's Late Night. The concept is that Max and a few other sessions musicians from New Jersey, a couple of whom were strong on vocals as well, hand out sheets of paper upon entering with 200 songs on them.  Springsteen, Petty, The Who, The Rolling Stones, The Beatles, The Ramones, The Beach Boys, The Animals, etc.  The crowd then calls out requests and Max's band ends up playing about 25 of those songs, with Max often dropping in anecdotes before the song if he knew the original band or songwriter personally. At one point Max wandered into the crowd to chat one on one about requests and in his temporary absence from stage Jim Wetherbee a 6-time Space Shuttle commander whom Max first met on a NASA tour back in '88, sat in on drums. It was that kind of night. So in some ways it's just a glorified pub act playing covers all night, but on the other hand Max has charisma, the other musicians seemed fairly talented, and the crowd of around 500 people enjoyed a good night of familiar songs in a relaxed atmosphere. $35,  2 miles away from our hotel. I probably wouldn't have paid much more than that or traveled much further than that, but glad I went. Max's drumming on I Can See For Miles was a highlight, IMO. I don't see the setlist from Portland posted, but here's one from San Francisco also last week to give you an idea.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/max-weinberg/2019/the-chapel-san-francisco-ca-539fe31d.html

That actually sounds really fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Under The Radar Radio tonight - Pick Of The Week is the new album from the British Shoegaze band Ride "This Is Not A Safe Place".  Also new music from elbow,  Hundreth, Liam Gallagher, Foals, Johnny Marr and classics from Happy Mondays, Charlatans, Chapterhouse, The Jesus & Mary Chain - and more. 

7pm

www.annarbors107one  (107.1 in Ann Arbor)

or 

www.thisisqmusic.com  (94.5 in Grand Rapids/Kalamazoo/Muskegon) 

 

After that 3 hours to chill out with Sonic Bliss from 9 to Midnight -  Same Stations

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am officially hooked on Red Hearse. It's another Jack Antonoff project (fun., Bleachers). The album is short (8 songs, 26 min), but really good. They have videos for a couple of the songs, but they are kind of odd. The videos are basically the same "story" but just a different woman and setting. I'm sure they did it on purpose, I'm just not sure why... The song Red Hearse is probably my favorite at the moment.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This was a pretty special event this weekend at the LOCKN' festival.  On Friday night Trey Anastasio's band played and Derek Trucks joined him for the second set.  On Saturday night the roles were reversed and Trey joined TTB for their second set, along with Doyle Bramhall II.  After opening with I looked away, Bell Bottom Blues, and then Keep on Growing (Which TTB has played a lot), it dawned on the audience and viewers what was happening.  They played the entire Layla and Assorted Love Songs album, in order, skipping the last song because when you do Layla ther'es no need to go on.

Layla was always something TTB fans wanted to hear but they never played, given Derek's slide mastery.  Just skip ahead to the 5 min mark if you want to hear the best part.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw the opening of the MTV Music Awards a few minutes ago. Some of Taylor Swift's female backup dancers look like linemen. What, are they expecting a crazed fan to rush from the audience and try to sack her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll say it

LIZZO..... 

truth hurts is a pretty good jam

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/20/2019 at 11:30 PM, Oblong said:

I’m jacked because I get to see Tedeschi Trucks on Tuesday along with blackberry smoke and shovels with rope.  For $120 I get 8th row to a two hour jam with the best guitarist under the age of 70 ot whatever and 2 decent openers.    More excited about shovels with rope.  

We were there too, great concert. I've been a Southern Rock fan since the Allman Brothers/Skynyrd days, so it's good to see there is a group of artists bringing it back. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Rooster said:

We were there too, great concert. I've been a Southern Rock fan since the Allman Brothers/Skynyrd days, so it's good to see there is a group of artists bringing it back. 

Dude.... where the **** have you been?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Rooster said:

We were there too, great concert. I've been a Southern Rock fan since the Allman Brothers/Skynyrd days, so it's good to see there is a group of artists bringing it back. 

ROOSTER?!!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Rooster said:

We were there too, great concert. I've been a Southern Rock fan since the Allman Brothers/Skynyrd days, so it's good to see there is a group of artists bringing it back. 

And of the 5 times I saw them, I think that was the best one yet.  Did you notice each of the 12 members got a moment of glory?  Loved the Sly and The Family stone medley for the encore with the new bass player getting a few moments to let loose.  And Derek had quite a few moments where he blew your socks off.  He was in a mood that night.  I love how he can rock out but doesn't have to gyrate or make faces.... the music speaks for itself.  He's not showing off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Dude.... where the **** have you been?

 

haha, long story. Since I only type with one paw, I'll save it for another time. I was bouncing around my laptop cleaning out some bookmarks and here I am. Funny, when I joined this group the Tigers were bad so I guess it's full circle eh? Or were they? The short term memory isn't what it used to be.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Oblong said:

And of the 5 times I saw them, I think that was the best one yet.  Did you notice each of the 12 members got a moment of glory?  Loved the Sly and The Family stone medley for the encore with the new bass player getting a few moments to let loose.  And Derek had quite a few moments where he blew your socks off.  He was in a mood that night.  I love how he can rock out but doesn't have to gyrate or make faces.... the music speaks for itself.  He's not showing off.

it was magical indeed! I got goosebumps during that medley. We went to see Santana a couple weeks ago and he was great too. Same way, goosebumps.

I actually got the tickets to see Blackberry Smoke. I've never seen  Tedeschi Trucks live so it was definitely a religious experience lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...