FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

13 minutes ago, Yoda said:

Why did Ritchie leave? His harmonies were the backbone of that band. Never thought much of him as a guitarist though. 

He was very thirsty.

14 hours ago, Biff Mayhem said:

As a teenage metal head/classic rocker I despised Bon Jovi because I was supposed to. As an adult who appreciates music, I realize what a great band they were and how they weathered the 90's and came out just fine.

Their guitarist, Phil X who replaced Ritchie, is the real deal. A guy I know knows him and says all of his energy is natural and has no need for drugs. Look up Phil X on YouTube if you ever want to get sucked into a wonderful wormhole. He's great.

Yea man.   They've got a bunch of great jams.   Shot Thru The Heart (obvs) and Runaway are true classics, although not in the same realm as Living on a Prayer, which to me is tip-toppity rock and roll.

I honestly had no idea Sambora wasn't in the band anymore.  I'll check out Phil X.

5 minutes ago, pfife said:

Yea man.   They've got a bunch of great jams.   Shot Thru The Heart (obvs) and Runaway are true classics, although not in the same realm as Living on a Prayer, which to me is tip-toppity rock and roll.

I honestly had no idea Sambora wasn't in the band anymore.  I'll check out Phil X.

Good cover, if you can call it that, since the original singer is playing guitar. 

Love both of these women, as vocalists and as people. This song is one of my favorite vocal performances ever and Pink is one of the few women who can pull this off. I'm not sure I could name another. 

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 8:17 AM, Mr. Bigglesworth said:

Saw Sturgill Simpson at the Fox theatre last night and had a great time.

I saw him when he was in town a few years back at the Magic Stick. He puts on a great show.

The top songs that come up for Tom Petty on Google music.

This is another one that hurts.  

1 minute ago, Motor City Sonics said:

Not yet.  He's fighting. 

This would be a comeback for the ages. But sounds like he's not expected to make it through the day.

6 hours ago, lordstanley said:

Protomartyr keeps getting even better. New album came out last Friday.

Common Children and Bauhaus had a baby.

Liam Gallagher's new album "As You Were" is terrific and his brother has one coming next month.   Sibling Rivalry Always, right.    Oasis fans (and I know there are some here) will like this more than Beady Eye.    

Not sure if there are any Tragically Hip fans on here, as their commercial appeal never really crossed the U.S. border, but they were huge in Canada. Lead singer Gord Downie died of cancer yesterday, age 53.

Margo Price All American Made.

More like all American meh. 

A few good songs to start the album and then a lot of clunkers. 

Sophomore slump. However I'll try it a few more times to see if it clicks. The first one grabbed me right away. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2017 at 3:51 PM, Biff Mayhem said:

Margo Price All American Made.

More like all American meh. 

A few good songs to start the album and then a lot of clunkers. 

Sophomore slump. However I'll try it a few more times to see if it clicks. The first one grabbed me right away. 

It wasn't as solid as her first album. I sang the **** out of Since You Put Me Down and Weekender on the first one. On Price's new album I really enjoyed her duet with Willie Nelson Learning to Lose. I also enjoyed Don't Say It, Wild Women, Pay Gap and Loner.

22 minutes ago, Mr.TaterSalad said:

On Price's new album I really enjoyed her duet with Willie Nelson Learning to Lose. I also enjoyed Don't Say It, Wild Women, Pay Gap and Loner.

Funny enough, those are the songs I really don't like. I like the first three on the new album even though they're formulated. She just didn't capture that same magic of the first one which was solid start to finish IMO.

On 10/18/2017 at 2:40 PM, lordstanley said:

Not sure if there are any Tragically Hip fans on here, as their commercial appeal never really crossed the U.S. border, but they were huge in Canada. Lead singer Gord Downie died of cancer yesterday, age 53.

That final concert last year was, in my opinion, one of the great moments in rock history - especially in Canada.   That was a great performance.   

FCC just killed the rule that you actually have to have a local studio for your radio station.       This probably means that at least dozens of markets will not fire almost every on-air person they have.   This is bad.     Still won't save Clear Channel (I Heart Media) which 18-24 Billion in debt.   

But honestly, I haven't listened to a local commercial music station in years.   I listen to stations online or public radio.   I am sure the FCC will find a way to destroy public radio next so their wealthy friends can just own everything.  

Miles Davis - In A Silent Way

I went to see Zakir Hussain & Dave Holland last night..... need some more Dave Holland in my life.