FloridaTigers

What are you currently listening to?

3 minutes ago, Biff Mayhem said:

I would rather listen to Joe Bonamassa in this setting rather than his solo stuff:

latest?cb=20141107154420

On 1/8/2019 at 8:51 PM, pfife said:

I think a good rule of thumb for me is.... if your band's name is your name, and you're really good at guitar, I'm probably not going to like the music.

So every rule has exceptions, here are several immediate exceptions:

Hendrix, Clapton, and Van Halen.  SRV.   Zappa (not sure he's in the category really?)  I do like all of those.  There are probably others.

This is a totally subjective thing, if someone else loves it, I'm glad they've got great music they love. 

Off the top of my head I thought of two bands with a guy that uses his name and is good at guitar.  That said, both are bluesy/rock, so I guess my question is if the issue is the naming convention or the type of music.  So what do you think of:

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Marcus King Band

6 hours ago, ewsieg said:

Off the top of my head I thought of two bands with a guy that uses his name and is good at guitar.  That said, both are bluesy/rock, so I guess my question is if the issue is the naming convention or the type of music.  So what do you think of:

Robert Randolph and the Family Band

Marcus King Band

I like them both.... saw Marcus King this last summer when he was one of the openers for Tedeschi Trucks.  Very good.  He came back to St. Andrews in the fall but I couldn't go.

36 minutes ago, Oblong said:

I like them both.... saw Marcus King this last summer when he was one of the openers for Tedeschi Trucks.  Very good.  He came back to St. Andrews in the fall but I couldn't go.

He's still so young too.  Excited to see where he goes.  I found him just a few weeks before that Tedeschi Trucks show but we already had plans so I had to pass.  Same thing when he came back last month, although the DSO/Bugs Bunny show the family saw instead was pretty cool too.  Someday my kids will be older and i'll have time to go to some shows again, at least that's what I keep telling myself.

I'm enjoying the new Raconteurs songs, especially compared to the most recent Jack White solo effort. Looking forward to the full album, and would love to see a tour.

Wednesday night I'm going to a Chris Cornell tribute show here in LA that will feature Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Velvet Revolver, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Ryan Adams, Mike Patton, etc, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel. Should be a pretty good time! 

• Like 2

On 1/11/2019 at 8:43 AM, Tigertown Rats said:

I'm enjoying the new Raconteurs songs, especially compared to the most recent Jack White solo effort. Looking forward to the full album, and would love to see a tour.

Not sure if these two songs are going to be on the album.  

Under The Radar Radio - Sunday at 7pm  -   2019 First Quarter Preview.   Playing tracks from new releases coming in the next few weeks & months including Deerhunter, The Dandy Warhols, Beirut, Bob Mould, Raconteurs, Sharon Van Etten and The Specials with their first new album in 37 years.           

12 hours ago, Yoda said:

Wednesday night I'm going to a Chris Cornell tribute show here in LA that will feature Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, Velvet Revolver, Foo Fighters, Metallica, Ryan Adams, Mike Patton, etc, hosted by Jimmy Kimmel. Should be a pretty good time! 

My friend was at his last show here when he died.  Has a professional photo of Cornell giving him a fist bump as he walked off the stage. It’s chilling to look at. 

On 1/12/2019 at 8:56 AM, Motor City Sonics said:

Not sure if these two songs are going to be on the album.  

Couldn't tell you the last time I actually bought an album anyway. As long as they aren't pulled from Spotify and are indicative of the full album, I'm excited. 

Things I love . . . Milk Carton Kids, Michigan, and Austin City Limits on PBS. I missed them being on the show somehow and never caught this.

On 1/11/2019 at 9:29 PM, Yoda said:

I meant to ask you how it was to experience..... 

from what I read it sounded pretty damn cool.  

I watched a bunch of the YouTubes and it looked like an amazing show.   The crowd didn’t really know how to respond Miley Cyrus cane on stage but she just killed Say Hello 2 Heaven. 

4 minutes ago, Oblong said:

Why wasn't Eddie Vedder there?

I don't know. I was really hoping he would be. 

McCready was also absent and he was actually a full time member of Temple of the Dog.    

Unsure if there are still some issues with the Cornell family and these two or if they are still just very broken up about the passing