DaBishop

Black Donnelly's Canceled

well, judging from the number of you who watch Idol, I imagine this isn't of interest to most of you but... Decent show, would have liked to see it develop a bit.

http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index.jsp?uuid=910cb128-eddc-4ffe-a25a-1a6ab31ae47d

"The Black Donnellys had been slated to run just 13 episodes on the

Peacock net, though apparently, even that was too much. The show will

instead wrap up on Apr. 16 after only eight outings"

Up against Idol, there simply weren't enough women to keep it going.

what was the shortest series this season? I think there were a few shows that lasted a grand total of 2 episodes. The Wedding Bells, for example should be put out of their misery before it hits episode 3.

that American Dream show lasted 1 episode.

I kind of liked the Black Donnely's from what I saw, wasn't half bad. I agree with Lesgoblu, they did too much the first episode and then afterwards they didn't keep the action going enough, didn't really seem like it was going anywhere.

i dont' think so...it was about a rise to power...at least that's what I thought after the first episode. i do agree that every character is a cliche though.

The Black Donnellys was a subject that has been covered in movie after movie after movie and every character in that show is just a cliche.

That sound you hear is the nail getting hit squarely upon the head. It was a dreadful collection of stereotypes and cliches that was telling a story that had been told too many times and too much better before. Ooh ... Irish brothers ... and they own a bar -- that's original. And look, the smart one doesn't want to be a criminal, but much like Michael Corleone, he has to protect his family ... that's not tired or nothing either. I could go on, but I won't.

At least Studio 60's overbearing preachiness and characters as one-dimensional stereotypes were mixed into a halfway entertaining show. Not so with TheBlackEthnicStereotypes-er-Donnellys.

That sound you hear is the nail getting hit squarely upon the head. It was a dreadful collection of stereotypes and cliches that was telling a story that had been told too many times and too much better before. Ooh ... Irish brothers ... and they own a bar -- that's original. And look, the smart one doesn't want to be a criminal, but much like Michael Corleone, he has to protect his family ... that's not tired or nothing either. I could go on, but I won't.

At least Studio 60's overbearing preachiness and characters as one-dimensional stereotypes were mixed into a halfway entertaining show. Not so with TheBlackEthnicStereotypes-er-Donnellys.

I'm sure you know Donnellys was created by Paul Haggis, director of Crash, which if I recall is one of your favorite movies.