baseball3

Seawolves game 3-31

Matt Joyce and Mike Hollimon continued their fantastic offensive ST with 3 and 2 hits respectively today at Winter Haven. Catcher Torabella added a double in the 2-1 loss to the Akron Aeros. Pitching was the theme of the day with Dallas Trehern throwning 6 strong yielding an early run and Danny Zell giving up a 2-out ground rule RBI double to Brian Barton, the only 2 hit player of the Aeros.

While the Seawolves hitters made contact all day and kept their K's to a minimum, they didn't have much luck with the 20 MPH gusts that blew in from center the entire 9 innings. Matt Joyce, now confirmed in going to Erie, had an RBI double off the right center wall in the 3rd inning, knocking in Hollimon who had singled earlier.

GREAT day overall, as the defense played very well. No Kody Kirkland today at 3B where Nick McIntyre played, in place of Kirkland. I got no news from anyone on his ankle from yesterday's "tweak", probably being kept out for precautionary reasons.....let's hope so. Haley was not with the AA squad today.

Yes, Dlugach looked fantastic as always from ss while Torres threw a runner out at home trying to tag from 3rd. Neither guy got a hit, but, once again, the Erie defense was amazing..........

Yes, Dlugach looked fantastic as always from ss while Torres threw a runner out at home trying to tag from 3rd. Neither guy got a hit, but, once again, the Erie defense was amazing..........

I have heard good things about Dlugach's defense this spring.

I've seen 5 games and he looks very good. Also, the move to 2B seems to very much agree with Hollimon. I think he's very comfortable there. He'll have a big year this year. It seems that the AA line up could be a lot of fun to watch this year. In speaking with Matt Joyce today after the game, he said, "this team is going to be a lot of fun to be on", which I agree with him very much. The defense up the middle is clicking and if they end up having a good bullpen and catching situation, they look to have a decent chance to have a good year. Torres in LF looks like he can provide some mature leadership. He's always got a smile and good disposition and could be a leader to many of these young guys in AA for the first time.

I still wish I could confirm Kirkland's status........

I've seen 5 games and he looks very good. Also, the move to 2B seems to very much agree with Hollimon. I think he's very comfortable there. He'll have a big year this year. It seems that the AA line up could be a lot of fun to watch this year. In speaking with Matt Joyce today after the game, he said, "this team is going to be a lot of fun to be on", which I agree with him very much. The defense up the middle is clicking and if they end up having a good bullpen and catching situation, they look to have a decent chance to have a good year. Torres in LF looks like he can provide some mature leadership. He's always got a smile and good disposition and could be a leader to many of these young guys in AA for the first time.

I still wish I could confirm Kirkland's status........

I'm sure I saw Kirkland in Lakeland today in shorts and Tee

I totally agree baseball3 with Dlugach SS, Hollimon 2nd and Thomas CF that is a great defense up the middle. Plus the games I have seen in the spring they all have hit the ball well. You and the corners of Larish and Kirland with their power should be tough team to beat. If JJ and the rest of the pitchers do their jobs.