NATE

Projecting Erie's 2007 roster

We have been getting reports from Lakeland and some articles from the local beat writer about the Seawolves. There seems to be a surplus of pitchers, especially in the pen and a lack of competition for position spots.

Starters:

Jurrjens

Delacruz

Bumstead

Trahern

Kown/J Johnson/Ardoin/Connolly (I think two will be released)

Pen:

Sleeth

Hahn

Zell

Dolsi

Finigan

Rusch

Chiavacci

Tomey

Steik

Peralta

Clelland

Ostlund

That's too many although a few may be at Lakeland and maybe even WM. However, that competition is stiff so I think you may see some players being released.

Catcher:

Graham

Sardinha

Infield:

Larish, Holliman, Dlugach, Kirkland around the horn.

McIntyre and Haley as backup.

Outfield:

Melian

Thomas

Joyce

Blue

I think they need a Kurt Airoso clone. I heard McKinney is still in camp. He might fit here.

You don't think that Kown is still in the mix for the starting rotation?

I believe that Jeremy Johnson's not with the organization anymore. I think (and hope) that Connolly's a reliever now. He was pretty good in his first inning or two as a starter, and that's when it all fell apart. Sardinha in Toledo and Torrealba in Erie would be my guess.

Haley really looked very good at 2B this weekend as well. I had not seen him before, he's quick and has a good arm, not as polished offensively as he'd like I'm sure.

McIntyre is such a personable young man and GREAT team guy. It would be nice to see him make the big squad one day. He can do many, many things and is on top of his game at the moment. Refreshing young man who lifts the entire team both on and off the field. I heard one of the former minor leaguers who was sitting with the "wife's club" on Sunday say that Mc was the BEST dugout guy in the organization................pretty kewl stuff !

You don't think that Kown is still in the mix for the starting rotation?

I added Kown. For years, I have been getting Kown and Kauten mixed up in my head. When the post said that Kauten was going to be released, I crossed off Kown's name. I guess I won't get them mixed up any more:confused:

For years, I would go in the bank with paycheck in hand and tell the teller I wanted to check my cash instead of cash my check. Thank God for direct deposit.

Jurrjens

Delacruz

Bumstead

Trahern

slap some butter on those butts and eat them up because those are some excellent prospects. Nothing super flashy but solid.

I believe that Jeremy Johnson's not with the organization anymore. I think (and hope) that Connolly's a reliever now. He was pretty good in his first inning or two as a starter, and that's when it all fell apart. Sardinha in Toledo and Torrealba in Erie would be my guess.[/QUO

Jeremy Johnson IS still w/Tigers..he is always one of our guys that comes to talk to us as soon as he sees us at the fields....

Whoops...sorry for the misinformation. I thought he was a minor league free agent this offseason.

When are the rosters for the minor league teams supposed to be finalized?

Jurrjens

Delacruz

Bumstead

Trahern

slap some butter on those butts and eat them up because those are some excellent prospects. Nothing super flashy but solid.

Heard Bumstead was released, along with Garth McKinney.

Glad to see Steik and Rush in the mix at Erie. Rush was in Lakeland starting in January on his own to do the extra work to move himself up in the organization.

Where are you receiving this? I haven't noticed either working with the Erie team.Obviously you must be attending our workouts regularly.

Here's the Erie roster I just cooked up... seems pretty reasonable:

Starting Pitchers

Kevin Ardoin

Eulogio Delacruz

Jair Jurrjens

Andy Kown

Dallas Trahern

Relief Pitchers

Yorman Bazardo

Eddie Bonine

P.J Finigan

Jeff Hahn

Ian Ostlund

Kyle Sleeth

Danny Zell

Catchers

Adrian Casanova

Dane Sardinha

Infielders

Brent Dlugach

Adam Haley

Michael Hollimon

Kody Kirkland

Nick McIntyre

Jeff Larish

Outfielders

Vincent Blue

Jackson Melian

Clete Thomas

Andres Torres

Where are you receiving this? I haven't noticed either working with the Erie team.Obviously you must be attending our workouts regularly.

I am probably to blame for listing them on my first post. The reality is we really don't know. So much can change over an off-season. Although Bumstead wasn't an elite prospect, I don't think too many thought he would be released, if that is indeed the case.

The issue with Rusch and Steik is that there isn't much room in the Lakeland or WM pitching staffs either. Again, if true, guys like Arrowood don't even get a second chance.

There seems to be real competition for nearly every roster spot on every club this year. I think that bodes well for the Tigers.

One final point. It would be even more crowded if Sanchez, Whelan and Claggett were still with us.

That's why they call it addition by subtraction. We lose 3 good pitchers, but, it looks like the well has been replenished even before final cuts are made. Prune the flock, cut the vine, grow, develop and get better.

Nate..and others, (helendale?),

The reason for my comment, I am on the fields almost everyday and I read posts that I certainly do no see or agree with. Not to argue, just wondering the source realizing I'm not always correct either. Edman, your list looks pretty accurate. I'll have to pull out my original roster and see where I am now.

The only difference that i had from Edman was

Anthony Tomey instead of Yorman Bazardo (Toledo)

Andrew Graham instead of Adrian Casanova (Lakeland)