84 Lives!!!

2007 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

Tennessee drafts a need here. Hoping Ryan Kalil would fall, but it wasn't meant to be. Datish is strong and versatile, playing Tackle, Guard, and Center at OSU.

Tennessee drafts a need here. Hoping Ryan Kalil would fall, but it wasn't meant to be. Datish is strong and versatile, playing Tackle, Guard, and Center at OSU.

I guess the Titans lost the tape of the UM game. This a good pick at this spot although I like Satele just a smidge better. The two are very similar.

Can't wait until round three when Slim can steal my player in the spot in front of me again. In real life, the Bills would be considering packing their two 3rd rounders to trade up here. There is a corner here they like who is dropping but wont fall all they way down to them in the 3rd.

I'm also eagerly awaiting Maroths steal of the draft pick.

I guess the Titans lost the tape of the UM game. This a good pick at this spot although I like Satele just a smidge better. The two are very similar.

Can't wait until round three when Slim can steal my player in the spot in front of me again. In real life, the Bills would be considering packing their two 3rd rounders to trade up here. There is a corner here they like who is dropping but wont fall all they way down to them in the 3rd.

I went back and forth between Datish and Satele, also. I liked Datish a smidge better...

You know, I think we are targeting a CB in the 3rd all of a sudden!!!

You know, I think we are targeting a CB in the 3rd all of a sudden!!!

Real life I think the Seahawks would have traded up by now if the draft really goes like this one.

Actually you draft higher then me in round 3, so here is your chance to get over on me!

what is the wait time for round 2? I have 2 players in mind, 1 more than the other for the Chefs. Hoping Dallas doesn't take him...

Man, if the player i want drops one more pick i think it might be the steal of the draft.

I can't believe McCauley fell all the way to the Cowboys...

I wouldn't call him the steal of the draft...

But... the Cowboys, desperate to add secondary playmakers, are very happy to add Michael Griffin and Marcus McCauley to FS and CB, respectively...

I saw that, and you didn't, thanks!

So I got my guy that I was actually thinking about taking in the 1st round for KC. Justin Harrell is a guy that can come in and play right away. An injury dropped him down, and KC will be ecstatic if this guy is available at their pick in the 2nd round.

I can't believe McCauley fell all the way to the Cowboys...

I wouldn't call him the steal of the draft...

But... the Cowboys, desperate to add secondary playmakers, are very happy to add Michael Griffin and Marcus McCauley to FS and CB, respectively...

Marcus McCauley is a horrible football player. He's talented, but I don't know if he's coachable at all. And those of you who feel you have the steal of the draft, he hasn't gone until the Lions make their next pick.

Sabby piscitelli is a pretty good pick, but he is all cover and afraid to play the run, which isnt all that good from a safety. But he has great size.

Sabby piscitelli is a pretty good pick, but he is all cover and afraid to play the run, which isnt all that good from a safety. But he has great size.

Second round for him is a stretch but best value at this point is WR and no way the Hawks need that. Hopefully Sabbi can learn to play the run. I don't know if it is really "afraid" to play the run as an issue, more of a decision that can maybe be coached. This was a need pick.

Second round for him is a stretch but best value at this point is WR and no way the Hawks need that. Hopefully Sabbi can learn to play the run. I don't know if it is really "afraid" to play the run as an issue, more of a decision that can maybe be coached. This was a need pick.

No, afraid to play the run was wrong choice of words, but he is a good pick, I had him on my short list, and was hoping for a slide in the 3rd!

No, afraid to play the run was wrong choice of words, but he is a good pick, I had him on my short list, and was hoping for a slide in the 3rd!

As I said to cruzer, there aren't really any solid roudn 2 values at this point who are not WRs and the Hawks have no need whatsoever in that area.

I could see them trade up or out of this pick.

Marcus McCauley is a horrible football player. He's talented, but I don't know if he's coachable at all.

This coming from the guy that picked Eric Wright at the top of the 2nd round. I just fell out of my chair.

As for the steal of the draft. The Bills picking up a top 5 talent in Adrian Peterson at #12 is hard to top.

This coming from the guy that picked Eric Wright at the top of the 2nd round. I just fell out of my chair.

As for the steal of the draft. The Bills picking up a top 5 talent in Adrian Peterson at #12 is hard to top.

Shaun Alexander went around #17 or so. Not always easy to tell with running backs. Look at 2 years ago's class.

Cadillac? Benson? , etc. All looked like sure things and none have been dominant yet. If Peterson went to Houston or the Lions would he still be a huge star? I think the right fit is pretty important also.

Talk about sleepers. Take a look at the latest John Murphy mock on yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnfYl4R6EOlCLzTEJUw0AJVDubYF?slug=jm-mockdraft032207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Here are a few of his 2nd round picks. Hopefully Cruzer's magic 3rd round Lions sleeper is on the list and I've just ruined the element of surprise. :pirate:

SECOND-ROUND PROJECTIONS

2. Detroit: Hampton LB Justin Durant

14. Pittsburgh: Hawaii DE Ikaika Alama-Francis

17. Cincinnati: Maryland CB Josh Wilson

19. NY Giants: Boston College OL James Marten

26. New Orleans: LSU WR Craig Davis

27. NY Jets: California CB Daymeion Hughes

28. Miami: Houston QB Kevin Kolb

30. San Diego: Lane (Tenn.) WR Jacoby Jones

31. NY Jets: Delaware/Duke TE Ben Patrick

Talk about sleepers. Take a look at the latest John Murphy mock on yahoo.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AnfYl4R6EOlCLzTEJUw0AJVDubYF?slug=jm-mockdraft032207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Here are a few of his 2nd round picks. Hopefully Cruzer's magic 3rd round Lions sleeper is on the list and I've just ruined the element of surprise. :pirate:

SECOND-ROUND PROJECTIONS

2. Detroit: Hampton LB Justin Durant

14. Pittsburgh: Hawaii DE Ikaika Alama-Francis

17. Cincinnati: Maryland CB Josh Wilson

19. NY Giants: Boston College OL James Marten

26. New Orleans: LSU WR Craig Davis

27. NY Jets: California CB Daymeion Hughes

28. Miami: Houston QB Kevin Kolb

30. San Diego: Lane (Tenn.) WR Jacoby Jones

31. NY Jets: Delaware/Duke TE Ben Patrick

Many of the analysts are shying away from Mike Allen after getting excited about him at the combine. The Division III thing I guess. If he falls to day two someone will get a pretty good deal on a project. Jason Hill is not a low pick talent and he isn't appearing in the first two rounds in any projections I have seen. Someone may get a very solid receiver with great speed and hands for cheap.

Marcus McCauley is a horrible football player. He's talented, but I don't know if he's coachable at all...

That's OK.

I'm almost positive Coach Jerry Jones will be able to "coach him up"...

Wouldn't you be?

With the 58th pick in the 2007 NFL draft...

neworleanssaintsme6.gif

select

antocy0.jpg

WR Anthony Gonzalez 6'0" - 193lbs. Junior, Ohio State