84 Lives!!!

2007 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

If Carr was any good, he wouldnt have went to Fresno-freakin'-State.

edit: Now that I think about it, the 2002 QB draft has to be one of the worst ive ever seen.

If Jerry Rice was any good, he wouldnt have gone to Mississippi Valley State.

If Jerry Rice was any good, he wouldnt have gone to Mississippi Valley State.

IIRC, something like 40 scouts looked at him out of high school. Its not my fault they couldnt judge talent, lol.

If this is the way the draft would go down....Then I am liking the Arizona Cardinals draft so far. Gaines Adams and Joe Staley is solid so far.

If this is the way the draft would go down....Then I am liking the Arizona Cardinals draft so far. Gaines Adams and Joe Staley is solid so far.

I agree. That is an excellent 1-2 punch at DE & OT!!!

Most athletic DE and most athletic OT!!!

Bears select Eric Wright, CB, UNLV.

The magic question is if he was able to hook up 150 tabs of E while an unpaid Sophomore at USC, how many more can he buy and turn for a profit with a million dollar guaranteed NFL contact in the windy city.

My guess is something around 75,000 tabs.

This was a tough one for me.

I'll go Ryan Kalil, Center from USC.

Why sweat it. Picking USC guys is a sure thing.

williams_mike.jpg

238941.jpg

claiborne_gameball_092902.jpg

cash_bc_082503.jpg

Ahhh I wish the Schaub trade went down before we started... my draft would look much much better... Landry would have been picked with the 8th pick and could have got a good MLB here at this pick, the only MLB picked so far was Willis...

the only MLB picked so far was Willis...

The Bills like this sitting at #43 :classic:

David Harris Sucks. Only Puz is worse!

edit: Now that I think about it, the 2002 QB draft has to be one of the worst ive ever seen.

That's what I've said all along. The Lions didn't really bust by taking Joey. There wasn't much to choose from.

I agree. That is an excellent 1-2 punch at DE & OT!!!

Most athletic DE and most athletic OT!!!

Any chance Staley really makes it to round two? Former TE with speed and agility @ T - I'd love to get him with a 2nd round pick for the Lions.

Any chance Staley really makes it to round two? Former TE with speed and agility @ T - I'd love to get him with a 2nd round pick for the Lions.

That won't happen. The Lions are pretty well set on the offensive line right now. Anything more would be overkill, since they signed Backus to such a large contract last year.

nice selection Mike

I heard something today on the radio on Kuiper's show about a trade between Miami and KC for Trent Green or something like that. Would definitely change Miami's plans.

Note that I only heard part of the story.

Remaining value board for 2nd round types on Offense (???):

QB: Trent Edwards and Troy Smith.

RB: Chris Henry, Michael Bush, Antonio Pittman.

FB: Brian Leonard.

TE: Zach Miller.

WR: Anthony Gonzalez, Jason Hill, Steve Smith.

OT: James Marten.

OG: Ben Grubbs, Josh Beekman, Manny Ramirez (no, not THAT "Manny"!).

C: Doug Datish.

(Trying to guage what might fall to Houston in the 3rd round....)

Or not!!!

Hehe sorry... Had to go check some draft websites for a second after I saw I was up...

Draft is shaking out alright for me so far...

Like I said earlier, If I had the 8th pick from the Schaub trade, I would have picked landry, and look at all the quality MLB's left at this point!

I would have taken Sidney Rice. But seeing he was picked right before me, I shored up the defense a little!

I really like the picks of Carriker and Harris for the Niners. Carriker is hands down the best 3-4 DE prospect in the draft and Harris is the best 3-4 MLB prospect in the draft whose name isn't Patrick Willis.

If you get a WR in round three, and this is might be the deepest WR draft ever, you'll have an excellent draft. It's already turning out very well.

I really like the picks of Carriker and Harris for the Niners. Carriker is hands down the best 3-4 DE prospect in the draft and Harris is the best 3-4 MLB prospect in the draft whose name isn't Patrick Willis.

If you get a WR in round three, and this is might be the deepest WR draft ever, you'll have an excellent draft. It's already turning out very well.

I appreciate it. I like the way the draft turned out. And you are right, I now have to target a WR and I think they will of had a good draft.

Green Bay drafts DeMarcus Tyler DT 6'2 305 North Carolina St. “Tank”

Now neglecting GBs obvious need at RB and still believing that the moss deal will probably get done..............I went with a run stopping DT ......This will allow Hawk and Barnett to make plays and for jenkins, kgb, and Kampman to get to the QB............Also i believe Ted Thompson was a linebacker and believes that defense is most important....

I think GB also has some faith in Morency and Noah herron and could add someone like dominick davis or dillon ......

When i made my first rd pick I really wanted to draft Michael Bush here.........but since he had that extra surgery i dont think he is worth a 2nd rder ne more...............

ok later

Ryan

I was really thinking Green Bay needed secondary help here, but then I went back to see who you took in the 1st, I thought it was Lynch. But you took hall, so this worked out pretty good for you.

i am actually somewhat surprised quentin moses fell to me. he was my target at that pick but I expected him to be gone.