84 Lives!!!

2007 Mock Draft Discussion Thread

I think the real-life Chargers would be happy to get Meachem in real life. Most draft sites indicate WR was their biggest need and Meachem as an ideal pick who seems to be between 20-35 in most draft lists. I am sure that teams love it when the player they are targetting falls in line with where they draft.

Meachem's a great selection...no way he lasts this long in the real draft. He'll go long before Ginn or Jarrett, maybe even before Bowe.

Meachem's a great selection...no way he lasts this long in the real draft. He'll go long before Ginn or Jarrett, maybe even before Bowe.

I'd put Meachem behind those three.

I guess we'll see...I think Ginn's probably a bigger talent but hasn't been able to run since he hurt himself and I've read he's been falling on a lot of draft boards. As for Jarrett, his 40 time is being rumored in the 4.6-4.7 range. If that's right he's gonna be labeled a Mike Williams part 2 and he'll drop like a stone. Bowe I personally think is the 2nd best WR in the draft but we'll see who goes where. gotta love the inexact science that is the draft.

While I like Meachem he is not up to the degree of Ginn or Bowe in my rankings he maybe the 4th or 5th best reciever in the draft at least that is the way I see it.

Meachem will be a better pro than them 3 guys. he may not be selected ahead of them, but will be the better of all of them. Not to mention he is, 6' 2" 214, a great size, and he ran 4.39 in the 40.

With Washington trading Archuleta to Chicago for a 6th round pick could be opening the door for Washington to possibly take Laron Landry.

Meachem will be a better pro than them 3 guys. he may not be selected ahead of them, but will be the better of all of them. Not to mention he is, 6' 2" 214, a great size, and he ran 4.39 in the 40.

I don't like his hands, and he doesn't play that fast.

With Washington trading Archuleta to Chicago for a 6th round pick could be opening the door for Washington to possibly take Laron Landry.

Archuleta got screwed by Gibbs and Williams. Why sign a hard-hitting/converted LB and then ask him to be more of a coverage guy which is not his fortay? Then again, he got paid a lot of money to sit on the bench so I guess they screwed themselves. Bears got themselves a good player for nothing.

I leave for work at 2:00 and Mottsi's 24 hours will be up. It is up to Cruzer1 to make his his choice, or give Mottsi a little time. Either way I wont be home until about 1 a.m.

At this rate this draft will take 2 months...

Its been 6 and a half hours after the last picks deadline and nobody has done anything...

Cruzer, I think Slim asked you to pick for mottsi, hopefully you guys are around soon.

I'm trying to get this draft going :grin:

Too bad the trade for schaub happened after we started, I would have got to pick at #8, and had an extra 2nd...

Can I still get the extra second? Pretty please?

Slim should make Mottsi's pick... or ask for a consensus... so we can close out the first round.

vdlion... you got my pick in the 2nd... Houston just traded it so great for you!!!

I dont understand why people sign up to do something, then not show up when it is time. If noone has a problem, I willl choose for Chicago.

I am going to give Chicago LB Lawerence Timmons from Florida State, any objections tell me now by noon otherwise its good as gold. And the 2nd round will start.

i will take DA Bears if still available. Fair warning though, I am not going to be around a computer the 20th thru 27th.

Make the pick for the Bears, Slim.

Also, Cruzer might want to be prepared to step in and make the 2nd round pick #5 for the Bears, as well.

Can I recommend a pick for my beloved Brownies? If so, how about either Ben Grubbs or Marcus McCauley please?

edit: I meant to say Marcus McCauley, out of Fresno St. I always get them mixed up...

Hughes is horrible. Doesn't belong on the draft board on Saturday. Maybe Sunday, but someone else would have to take him, I wouldn't. This isn't the league for a slow corner.

Considering all the money we have tied into our defensive ends between White and Edwards, I have a hard time believing that the Lions take him there. I like Grubbs at #34 personally.

Can I recommend a pick for my beloved Brownies? If so, how about either Ben Grubbs or Marcus McCauley please?

edit: I meant to say Marcus McCauley, out of Fresno St. I always get them mixed up...

I missed that post..but I figured a center to possibilty replace Bentley would be fitting..

Well, if this were how the 2nd round pick unfolded, there'd be a puppy getting kicked right about now by me. Do you remember the other not-so-heavy technician center we drafted in the first round a couple of years ago who got his *** kicked week in and week out? I hope all the reports are correct, and Kalil is drafted before we have a chance to make our 2nd round pick. Fraley is servicable, especially if you have Steinbach to the left of him and a capable rookie guard like Grubbs to the right of him.

also, do you not think Bentley will be back in 2008?